Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blooming List # 1: Learn to Knit


Forever Young

When Jeff and I first got married, I was introduced to the art of scrapbooking. At first, I documented the nieces and nephew because I thought that was what scrapbooking was all about-documenting the children. Then one day I went shopping and came across the pictures shown above. At our wedding, after the "I Do. Do You?" portion, we began our new life with Rod Stewart singing to us the words Forever Young. This song was the perfect start to our brand new life.

One day I was visiting my local scrapbooking store when I came across the stickers above. Jeff and I had just got back from our first road trip ever to Nawlins, the summer before the big flood. It was one of my all time favorite trips. I told Jeff on that trip that I was going to start scrapbooking our many adventures. He gave me his pat answer for most hobbies I try, "If it makes you happy-do it!" and a hobby was born.

This past summer I have decided to start documenting a new phase of my life. I like to call it the Blooming Where You Are Planted phase. I have been trying to think up things that would be fun to do at this stage of my life. At first I thought I would share the entire list at one time but in recent days have changed my mind. Instead I will post a blog as I check off a new item on my list.

So let the Journey Begin...


1. Learn to Knit

I found a local knitting store that gives lessons on Saturday mornings. You pay for 3 lessons and they teach you the basic skills to knit a scarf. You can then come back for more lessons. The thing I love about this store is the cozy environment. The store is filled with comfy chairs and classical music-two things I thoroughly enjoy. September 5Th is the first class and I can't wait to get started. Even though Jeff thinks I am a super big dork for doing this, I know I am going to have fun.


And really, isn't that the point to a Blooming Where You're Planted list to have fun?


Stay tuned more adventures coming soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Susan, I know I'm a lot older than you but a few years ago I revisited crochet. It is very relaxing and you can take it everywhere. Planes, cars ,boats,just get the acrylic needles. Most people I know that knit and crochet are about your age.Good luck and have fun,God bless,Becky Broom

daughteroftheking said...

Come over and Faith can teach you how to knit. She has done about 10 hats and is working on a scarf. She loves it! She is making hats to donate to the children's hospital for kids that have lost their hair.