It's true what they say, you're either coming out of a trial, in the middle of one or needing to fasten your seat belts for the bumps that are just around the corner.
I wonder if I will ever learn to soak up the moments where all is right in my world instead of trying to rush to the next thing. Truth is, I want to be someone that can soak up the trials as well. Trials can be grand adventures, where in the end I will uncover a magnificent treasure and come out with a deeper relationship with God.
It's during the trials that I must remain focused on the truths of God, otherwise it would be easy to let Satan get a foothold.
I must remember that...
God is Sovereign in all things and everything works together for good (Romans 8:28)
God is a refuge in times of trouble (Deut 33:27, Psalms 46:1, 7, Proverbs 18:10)
God will strengthen and encourage us (Isaiah 41:10, Psalms 27:14, Isaiah 46:4)
God hears and answers our humble cries to Him (Psalms 145:18-19, Psalms 34:15, 17-19)
God grants us mercy and forgiveness. (Psalms 103:8, 10-12)
God gives us peace for every circumstance (Phil 4:6-7, Isaiah 32:17)
God will bless us (Psalms 37:5-6)
God give us wisdom (James 1:5, Proverbs 2:6)
God will reward and lift us up (Psalms 37:34, 1 Cor 15:58, Gal 6:9)
(from Revive Our Hearts, Promises to Live By pamphlet)
During this season of trial, I pray that God be glorified in all things.
I pray one day that I am able to articulate in coherent sentences all that is going on right now in my little corner of the world. But for now I hope it is enough for you to know that God is working a mighty work in me, through me and around me. To Him be the glory, GREAT things He hath done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am praying for your family right now! So much. I love you!
Amen to your whole post.
P.S. I've been singing this song today:
What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.
O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Post a Comment