Thursday, September 17, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

Does it come as a surprise to you that I don't like things being out of whack?



This my friends is the epitome of out-of-whack! Why yes, that is our entertainment center in the middle of the living room. Our roof sprung a leak but yet we live on the ground floor. The upstairs neighbors get water in the fireplace, nicely contained. We get water dripping down the wall, not so nicely contained.


Unfortunately nothing can be truly done until the rain stops. Fortunately we are getting new carpet and a paint job, throughout the whole apartment. I calmly went down to the office yesterday and suggested that since I have been a loyal tenant for the past EIGHT YEARS, they could reward us with a little special treatment. Especially after leak number two started yesterday, in our kitchen, no fault of our own.



(ignore the random placed candlesticks, that side of the kitchen is a work in progress)

Nice.

I am hoping we can get this resolved by next week since we are living for vacation soon. Let's just say I am so ready to walk out that door for a little
R & R with hubs, alone, with no cell phone, no computer and no leaky roof.

It's going to be nice.

very, very nice.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

ha! I just noticed I typed living instead of leaving for vacation. Too lazy to change so I will just comment on my own post. :)