Thursday, December 03, 2009



One of my favorite traditions of the Christmas season is watching Christmas in Rockefeller Center. Usually while the show is going on, I am decorating my Christmas tree or apartment. This year we purchased a new tree and it sat in the box most of the night and all my favorite little ornaments and ceramic Santa's are still packed in storage. I am hoping to pull them out today or tomorrow but to be honest, I am not in a huge rush this year.

Last night I took time to savor the slower pace, sit by the fire, sipping hot Apple Cider and waiting with anticipation of the lighting of the NYC tree. I am trying hard to get in the Christmas spirit. I look forward to decorating my tree and sitting in the glow of the lights but for now baby steps is all I can accomplish.

Please continue to pray for our family. My grandmother was admitted to a nursing home yesterday for rehab. I realize this is a blessing but my heart still aches for my grandparents who are facing the reality that life as they know it coming to a grinding halt. I will be honest and say I ache for myself too since Christmas is Granny and my season. So many of my holiday traditions are traditions I share with my grandmother. I am so thankful to have had many great memories with my grandparents especially during the holidays. God has blessed me with rich legacy of love and laughter.

So for now, sipping cider by the fire light with an unopened Christmas tree, watching one of my favorite holiday shows is just what I needed this year.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Loving you and praying for your wonderful family.