Tuesday, December 15, 2009



This song has been in my head all Christmas season. It is one of those songs that I love to sing while reflecting on God's goodness. Every year at this time, I read through the book of Luke. This year I find myself reflecting on the verses that say "Mary pondered these things in her heart." I wonder what it must have been like to be the mother of God, knowing one day that his life would end on the cross. Talk about a woman who had to surrender to her wishes and desires to God. Yet the Bible doesn't ever mention that she tried to runaway with Baby Jesus to protect her son's life nor does it say that she locked her son up in her home to keep him from harm. It does say though that she pondered these things in her heart often. I believe that she probably defined what it means to bloom where you are planted. She lived her life fully and served the King graciously, knowing full well what would happen, considering the book of Isaiah already told her the end story for the Messiah, her son.

So with all the hustle and bustle that tends to take over this time of year, I find myself reflecting more on God's goodness. I also in awe of Mary and her life of sacrifice. Her story is an inspiring one.

May you be blessed this Christmas season

No comments: