Wednesday, December 09, 2009

This Time Last Year



I have been reflecting today on where I was this time last year. On this day, 365 days ago, my heart was heavy awaiting the news of Brooklyn Beaver's birth, a baby who had been diagnosed with Spina-Bifida just months before.


I wrote this verse down:

"Do not be anxious about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Phil 4:6


I prayed endurance for her parents wherever this journey takes them.
I prayed for the Lord to continuing blessing sweet Brooklyn with a miracle.


Over the past year, I have had many conversations with Brooklyn's mom that have left me crying tears of joy. I know God is alive and active because of what He has done in Brooklyn's life. Many things that the doctors said would not ever happen, Brooklyn has done. She is a hard worker and it I believe a large part of her success is due to the fact that Brooklyn will not give up until she has mastered whatever task is at hand.


Today on her first birthday, I am thankful for this little girl. I am thankful that God has answered many of our prayers over the past year. One of my favorite things in recent days is watching her crawl, standing ovations were happening on my side of the screen that day. I can't wait to continue to watch God's miracles happen in this girl.


And I end this special birthday post with Brooklyn's biggest fan, her mom. Oh how I love this MJ lovin mama. ( "I'm singing a Mich*el J*ck*s*n song!")



Thank you Lord for all that you have done & all that you are going to do!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my sweet friend, there no way I can thank you enough for all of that! Your prayers are powerful and effective, your faith is amazing, and I am honored that you use both to not only bless me but also my girls. I love you more than words can say. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet Susan,
You know that when you love my children you are loving me! Thank you for your love for God and my family.

Larry Gray