Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Jenny's Songs



Last night about this time, I had crashed on the couch. When I finally woke up at 10:00 p.m I knew I would never go to sleep. I turned on the computer to check on our friend, Jenny. I spent the next 5 hours praying and checking my computer for updates. When I fell asleep at 3, I was thankful for that long nap. I think God was preparing me for standing united with many on the front lines as we prayed through the night.



If you don't know, Jenny was admitted to the hospital last Thursday after fighting the flu for a week. She was diagnosed with septic pneumonia and is in critical condition. Many of us have been praying day and night for God to heal our sweet friend.

Last night was a very critical night for her. All night long there were updates on her Care Page pleading with us to pray for specific requests. I believe God's presence was with many of us as we gathered around the computer, texted each other and waited for updates.


I was amazed with how many people had a paricular praise song playing in the background. Many of us were commenting on Facebook with our different songs.


Thanks to those comments and my ITouch genius list, I came up with a playlist that I like to call, "Jenny's Songs."


I wanted to share this list with you for those of you praying for Jenny so you could add to your music library. Also if you are looking for good, uplifting music, you will not be dissappointed with these.



  1. Mighty to Save (Jenny's anthem) by Hillsong

  2. God of This City by Chris Tomlin (my personal anthem)

  3. You Never Let Go by Matt Redman

  4. Here is Our King by David Crowder

  5. What Faith Can Do by Kutless

  6. By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North

  7. Strong Tower by Kutless

  8. Desert Song by Hillsong

  9. Everlasting God by Lincoln Brewster

  10. Prasie You in This Storm by Casting Crowns

  11. Healing Hand of God by Jeremy Camp

  12. Call Your Name by Third Day

  13. Show Us Your Glory by Third Day

  14. My Savior My God by Aaron Shust

  15. Healer by Kari Jobe

  16. Beautiful Lord by Leeland

  17. He Reigns by Newsboys

  18. You Reign by Mercy Me

  19. There Will Be a Day by Jeremy Camp

  20. What Do I Know of Holy by Addison Road

This by no means scrathes the surface of good songs out there. In fact, if you have a song that God has laid on your heart while praying for Jenny, please leave a comment. I would love to take my list and yours and compile one mega CD for Jenny and her family to "cling to" during this time.


God is faithful to bring us together to pray for a dear friend in her time of need.



This picture was taken this time two years ago, when a group of us ladies hosted a shower for Cousin Lauren.

5 comments:

Lemonade Lady said...

Sweet Post. I absolutely love watching the glory of God lived through Jenny's life. She is reaching so many with positive hope and amazing healing. And God is getting ALL the glory. Sometimes I think the internet is seen as a tool of the evil one - NOT SO! We've proven the power of social networking to be a great tool in the hands of godly people! God is so Good! Thank you for posting the picture, too. What a fun day that was honoring Lauren and loving on her!

We need a mom/daughter time to download some tunes into my iTunes! SOON!

Phillips Family said...

I have been a lurker on your blog for awhile. Congrats on the pregnancy!

I have a "Praying for Jenny" button and code on my blog if you want it for your blog!

Jodi said...

Fabulous! We sang a song "Shine" by Matt Redman (I think) at church last Wed. After reading about Jenny's longing for a united church, and thinking about how her story has united THOUSANDS, I can't get this song out of my head when it comes to her story. Plus, she has definitely been in the darkest of places.... then the last two mornings with the rising sun, we have been giving PRAISE for good news for her. It just fits. So, add that to my list. :)

"We'll be living for your Glory!!"

Jodi said...

Also.... I still love my cd you made for me in one of my "dark places." You rock. :) Love ya!

Jodi said...

"867-5309".... :)