Monday, March 29, 2010

A Baby Moon...sort of




I am not sure how to jump back into the blog world when I have been gone for so long. I guess I will take a lesson from Mary Poppins when she pops into the chalk worlds and just jump in with both feet.
Here goes nothing...
The month of March has been nuts. Jeff and I celebrated 7 years of marriage and a week later, I was saying goodbye to my sweet Granny B. I will write a post one day just for Granny but today, I'm not ready.

Instead I want to tell you about a little oops of my husband's that turned out to be a tremendous blessing for us both. :)



The only gift I asked for at Christmas was tickets to see Phantom of the Opera. Unfortunately at Christmas the tickets had yet to go on sale which meant Jeff could easily forget this gift, my only major gift (beside Baby Youngster of course). I love my husband dearly but sometimes he is known for putting things off until the last minute. For example, the night before we were to leave town this October for our big road trip, he was booking our rooms at midnight. It worked out beautifully but that is just the way he rolls. I usually don't let this bother me because he has NEVER failed me when it comes to things like this. But friends, I have lived in the DFW area all my life and know how fast tickets to things like Phantom of the Opera can go. I asked him a few random times if he had purchased our tickets yet. "No, but I will." Finally the last weekend of the show came and there was still no mention of tickets. I took matters in to my own hands that morning and thought I would see if I could get lucky and find the last two tickets in the DFW area. I had no luck. Jeff thought he would take a spin at it (because he knew he was going to be in BIG trouble if he failed me now). He found one. He thought this was great. He said, "I will drop you off and wait for you to be done." Ladies, does that sound fun to you? When he told me his plan, I said, "You've got to be kidding me." Nope. He was dead serious. I had already did a little looking on my own for future tours of Phantom of the Opera and saw that it would be playing in Austin in two weeks. I casually mention this to him. I have never seen my husband move so fast. Not only did he buy good tickets but he paid extra for GREAT tickets. We decided this weekend to Austin would be a little Baby moon for just the two of us.
The Monday before we left town my grandmother's funeral was held. By the time Friday rolled around, I was ready to be alone with Jeff. All I wanted to do was get in the car, turn on our favorite road trip tunes and hold Jeff 's hand. It sounds a bit corny but truly, that is what I wanted and needed most. We had a wonderful time soaking up our last road trip before the baby comes. I cried a few random times but mostly I felt a deep peace wash over me. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Sadly I came home with a sinus infection and no voice but it was well worth the trip. You can tell from the below picture I was feeling rough that day. Not to mention I mislabeled my shampoo bottle and washed my hair in body wash. I had it dry by the time I realized my mistake. Truly this weekend was a gift from God and a nice way to close out the week, not to mention the weather was PERFECT!



Here is proof of my growing belly @ 20 weeks.


On the way home, we stopped for gas at Willie's Place outside of Hillsboro. It's a fun little gas joint full of Willie Nelson memorabilia. I tried to find a baby onezie but they were out. BOO!


While we were there a trucker stopped me to ask if we were having a boy or a girl. I told him we would find out on Wednesday. He proceeded to tell me that his daughter just called with news that she gave birth to a 13.5 pound baby girl. The lady behind the counter and I both said at the same time, "Ouch!" I am pretty sure it was a C-section but can you imagine lugging that baby around in the final weeks. WOW!

Here is one last picture of the theatre at Willie's Place.



3 comments:

LlamaJ said...

I am so happy to see a post and love the pictures! I bet Phantom was great.
A 13.5 lb baby? That's crazy.

Melissa Taylor said...

I think you look perfect pregnant!

Marie said...

Girl I can imagine what carrying around a baby of that size is like! Mine was just 2 (lol). Sounds like great fun. Next time we should drag our 2 hubbies together to these events. I'll have to tell him about the dropping you off.