
This picture was taken in November of this year before our life changed for the better :)
In less than a month, Jeff and I will be saying goodbye to our home of 10 years. Well, 10 years for me; almost 8 for Jeff. I still can't believe that we have lived here this long. When Jeff and I were engaged we decided to stay in my apartment with hopes of buying a house in a year or two. Of course that plan changed when we took a class called Crown Financial Ministries at our church. Over the years, one of my BIGGEST prayer requests has been for God's timing for us to buy a house. In the past few weeks, God has truly rewarded us for faithfully waiting on HIS timing (another post for another day).
This apartment has been our first home. This is the place where Jeff and I learned to be husband and wife. We learned how to be a team. We learned to be content with what we have and we learned to bloom where we were planted. I learned to cook, take care of a home and was taught invaluable home caring tips from my mentors. Jeff learned to lead our family, communicate his vision for the future with me and was faithful in keeping us on track towards are financial goals. Needless to say, these past few years here helped us develop a firm foundation for years to come. I am grateful that God saw fit to put us in a "time out" until we figured these things out. I know it will benefit us greatly when Andrew comes along.
I will never forget my first night here after a long day of moving, followed by a long shift at Chili's. I was more than tired but a bit angry that I didn't have time to put my bed together and knew that was waiting for me. To my surprise, I walked in the door to a 85% unpacked apartment. Jeff and his mom stayed after I left for work and put together my bed and bathroom and even bought new bedding for the bed. It was a nice, welcome surprise!
For the first few years, my mom lived next door. This was very convenient since Jeff works nights and sleeps late on Saturdays. We spent lots of time together enjoying our mom and daughter chats.
I will never forget the many miles Jeff and I invested in walking around the neighborhood next door. This was the one place where we could have some of our best talks with each other. I swear God met us many times in our conversations around that neighborhood.
In less than a month, Jeff and I will be saying goodbye to our home of 10 years. Well, 10 years for me; almost 8 for Jeff. I still can't believe that we have lived here this long. When Jeff and I were engaged we decided to stay in my apartment with hopes of buying a house in a year or two. Of course that plan changed when we took a class called Crown Financial Ministries at our church. Over the years, one of my BIGGEST prayer requests has been for God's timing for us to buy a house. In the past few weeks, God has truly rewarded us for faithfully waiting on HIS timing (another post for another day).
This apartment has been our first home. This is the place where Jeff and I learned to be husband and wife. We learned how to be a team. We learned to be content with what we have and we learned to bloom where we were planted. I learned to cook, take care of a home and was taught invaluable home caring tips from my mentors. Jeff learned to lead our family, communicate his vision for the future with me and was faithful in keeping us on track towards are financial goals. Needless to say, these past few years here helped us develop a firm foundation for years to come. I am grateful that God saw fit to put us in a "time out" until we figured these things out. I know it will benefit us greatly when Andrew comes along.
I will never forget my first night here after a long day of moving, followed by a long shift at Chili's. I was more than tired but a bit angry that I didn't have time to put my bed together and knew that was waiting for me. To my surprise, I walked in the door to a 85% unpacked apartment. Jeff and his mom stayed after I left for work and put together my bed and bathroom and even bought new bedding for the bed. It was a nice, welcome surprise!
For the first few years, my mom lived next door. This was very convenient since Jeff works nights and sleeps late on Saturdays. We spent lots of time together enjoying our mom and daughter chats.
I will never forget the many miles Jeff and I invested in walking around the neighborhood next door. This was the one place where we could have some of our best talks with each other. I swear God met us many times in our conversations around that neighborhood.
I will never forget the many nights we sat out on our patio and enjoyed a quiet evening.
Or the nights we laid in bed and laughed at the couple who used to live above us. They fought almost every weekend in Spanish. And of course the frustration that came when the same couple would wake up before 7 am on Saturday and play their music very loudly with lots of base. Jeff and I did a happy dance the day they moved out. Our new upstairs neighbors have been here for almost 3 years and we LOVE them.
I will miss the apartment team especially maintenance man Bill. He has not only come to our rescue many a clogged toilet but would always look for other things he could do to enhance our apartment. He became our best friend when he installed ceiling fans in the living room and bedroom. Thankfully Bill already promised that we could call him if we ever needed him to come to our rescue at our home.
I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little apprehensive about shutting the door to Apartment 1-OH-9 for the last time. Yet, I am looking forward to what the future holds in our new home. Here in the apartment, we grew as man and wife. In our new home, we will grow in our new roles as parents.
God has great plans for us and I can't wait to start the new chapter of our lives as homeowners.
4 comments:
WOW! How I admire your faith in God and how you abided by his timing! Such a bittersweet time for you and Jeff!
Awesome. Soooooo... news on the new place?? Is that the next post?
I am so excited for you both!
I can imagine how bittersweet it must be leaving. I got so emotional when we sold our house last year, and we had only been there 4 years. And I was pregnant at the time, so I was even MORE emotional that usual!
So you found a house? I hope it's all you were hoping for... it's funny I just wrote a post about leaving this apt... this is the longest we've lived in any home so it too will be bittersweet for me... happy homeowning :)
Post a Comment