Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Andrew: Two Months

Andrew turned two months on October 16th and I am still trying to figure out how I can slow the process down.  It seems like only yesterday I was writing his one month post.  I don't even want to think about how it will feel to write his 12 month post one day.  I know this year is going to fly by and so I choose to embrace every up & down this past month has brought to the table.  Thankfully more ups than downs but I would be lying if I told you it was all great, all the time.


Andrew loves to sleep with his hands close to his face.

Over the past month, I started back to work.  Thankfully I work at home otherwise I would have begged to stay home.  God was good providing this jobs many years ago. Adding work into our daily routine has thrown both Andrew and I for a loop the past few weeks.  Even though I am still home all day, it's almost like he knows I am not fully paying attention to him.  For example, the other day I needed to take care of a few emails in the office.  I carried him in to sit on my lap while I worked and the minute I sat down in the chair, he threw a fit.  This was the first time he had ever done this and I was perplexed for a few minutes until I realized that Andrew is not happy when I am working.  I have since brought in his play mat to sit next to the desk so that I can answer emails scream free.  Good news is that we are finally both starting to find our way again and the work days are getting to be much easier.



My Little Co-Worker


This past month Andrew attended his first birthday party.  My favorite set of twins turned double digits and there was no way we were going to miss their ice skating party.  I had high hopes of ice skating with the kids but my husband asked me nicely to rethink that plan.  I was bummed but knew he was right, taking care of Andrew would not have been as easy with my arm in a sling.  :) 

Happy 10th Birthday E & C!
Andrew hung with Dad--the warmest spot at the rink
 
 
Maybe next year Andrew will stay awake for the party!
 Another first this month is I left the boy with a babysitter.  Okay it was his grandmother but still it was the first time I had to call in advance and arrange a sitter.  The night I needed a sitter happened to fall on my S.I.L Missy's birthday so I dropped him off at their house.  I guess you can say he went to his first birthday party without his parents this month too!

Happy Birthday Aunt Missy!


 
Andrew loves hanging with Lynnie!

One thing I absolutely love about this month is that he is starting to smile and coo at us.  Jeff & I could sit for hours watching his different facial expressions.  I know I am his mother but he is one cute kid.  


playing in his pack & play
We have come to realize this month that Andrew loves hanging in his pack & play, being outside and going for walks around the neighborhood.  All of these things are great tools during his fussy times.  It really is a joy to watch the world through his eyes.
Andrew's 2 month doctor visit
Andrew's stats as of 10-19-10

Pounds: 13.12
Height: 24 inches

Longest stretch of sleep: 5 1/2 hours

His latest nicknames: Chunky Monkey, Tooter Rooter & Mr Jim's (his Dad's nickname-not sure where it came from but it's pretty cute to hear Jeff say "Mr. Jim's what's wrong with you?)


Happy Two Month Birthday, Baby Boy!

3 comments:

The McCarter Family said...

Loved all the pics, but especially that last one! Looks like he is just full of spunk already like his momma! You look great!

Jodi said...

Sweet boy! That last picture is HEAVENLY!!!

LlamaJ said...

That is such a sweet post. I love reading his updates.