Monday, October 11, 2010

Project: Painting Master Bedroom

{This blog post falls under the decorating side of things. I hope you enjoy the little projects I will highlight from time to time. I realize that decorating can be very subjective and may not be the update my family has been hoping for.  Yet, I have really enjoyed unwinding at night by planning out the next room project & thought it would be fun to highlight here}

I've been inspired to decorate our master bedroom.  I just haven't been happy with the unfinished feel of our room.  It has been my goal since moving into our home to create a master bedroom that could serve as a place of calming retreat for Jeff and me.  We were both inspired by our stay at the Paradise Point Resort in San Diego last fall.  This trip was special to both Jeff and I and we wanted the same feel for our bedroom.

Do you remember when I bought this bedding for the new house?  I still love it and have enjoyed the splash of color it adds to our room.  Yet there has been one little problem.  What color do I choose when there are so many to pick from?  I finally settled on Favorite Tan by Sherwin Williams for our bedroom and Comfort Gray for the bathroom.  The plan is to start painting this week so I will post before & after pictures soon.

I hoping the paint color will help inspire me to pick a rug for our room.  Hopefully I will find the rug before winter sets in, hardwood floors are cold in the morning :) I'm leaning towards this rug or possibly this one

So for the record my master bedroom decorating to do list is as follows:

1) Paint Room
2) Pick out Rug & Curtains
3) Find a chair for corner {something to lounge in & a cozy place to read}
4) Accessorize & frame pictures/mementos meaningful to us {more on this later}

I'll keep you posted with the process & thanks for allowing me the time to get my thoughts down "to paper."

Oh and for the family looking for the latest Andrew picture--here you go!

Isn't he sweet?


No comments: