Friday, August 18, 2006

Confessions of a Happy Housewife

 

I have always admired someone who can keep a clean home. I want to be that person, really I do but I am having a hard time getting motivated. We aren't dirty people just cluttered. I recently joined Flylady and started the whole process with such gusto that hubby was actually amazed with how clean our house looked. I guess you can say I fell off the wagon. It doesn't help that we live in a one bedroom apartment and my living room serves as my office. I work for Ashley Furniture and we often comment that Ashley has overtaken us! I can guarantee you that our first child will not be named Ashley. Because each time we called the child's name-there would be gnashing of teeth-somehow that does not seem right to put our child through that.

Anyways-we are about to embark on a six state tour traveling to Mount Rushmore and when I get back school starts. (I am in the process of finishing my degree!) So my motivation to get my house in gear has kicked up a notch. Already I have washed a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned out a little section off my desk, emptied the trash cans and will be vaccuming before the day is done. I know how much better I will feel when my house is back in order. Plus, the joy that will come from walking into my house after a long journey and see it all cleaned ready to go.
Now if that is not motivation I don't know what is!

Maybe if I get brave I will do a before and after picture of my living room, office and dining room-they are all entwined together. One day soon, 6 months to be exact, we will be in a house and hopefully this phase of my life will help me in establishing routines and what not for keeing a happy, organized home. But until that time comes I am off to clean! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robin said...

This isn't about your post, but I wanted to stop by and say thanks for commenting on my D*I*R*T*Y*T*A*L*K. It was actually several years ago and I doubt Ed even remembers.

Also, I was glad to see that someone else's nerd score was about what mine is. (8) At the time, I felt a little, um, not smart!

Beck Boys said...

Happy Cleaning! It is nice to come home to a clean house. Have fun on your trip. You will have to tell us all about it when you get back.

Pearson Family said...

FlyLady. Tried it. Didn't work for me. Althougth I still like to go to sleep with an empty sink that shines! Sounds like you guys are so busy...Way to go with the degree thing. Oh, I don't know who L and A are on my blog comment you left????