1. Thriller-Micheal Jackson
My cousins had the video and it used to scare the heeby-jeebies out of me! I loved it in 13 going on 30 when Jennifer's character gets everyone to dance. Priceless
2. Jesse's Girl-Rick Springfield
This is on my "Happy" playlist on the IPOD. It always gets me moving!
3. Bootylicious-Destiny's Child
Random song I know but you just have to know me to really understand!
4. ABC-The Jackson 5
This was an all time favorite for the girls on the 3rd floor in Nelson hall!
5. Shackles-Mary Mary
During the Bible Study by Beth Moore titled "Breaking Free" this song came on my radio during a very intense moment with God and ever since, this has served as my reminder that I have been broken free and I need to praise God with dancing a jig! (Giggles)
6. Gettin' Jiggy with It-Will Smith
When this song starts your body will move just like this: Shoulders bouncing, add a little rock back and forth, and finish with side step-the for the grand finale a big spin around the room.
7. U Can't Touch This-M.C Hammer
"My My My Music Hits me So Hard Makes Me Say, "Oh My Lord!"
Try to sit still when this song is playing in the background.
8. Girls Just Want to Have Fun-Cyndi Lauper
Name a girl that didn't dance to this at the slumber parties with her best friends. Now each Christmas my cousin and I sing this for the family thanks to the Karoke machine-(Sending a shout out to you Brandy!)
9. Take a Chance on Me-Erasure
I thought I was so cool in high school because a friend of mine asked me to choreograph a dance for her officer tryout in drill team. I don't think she made it!!! Is that sad or what?!? Could it of been my dance I did for her?!? Probably OOPS! Sorry Kelly!
10. Crazy In Love-Beyonce
There is a reason I list this and here it is! This song is on my IPOD, the other day I was walking on the treadmill at our local gym. The song started and I was struting my stuff like I was a runway model or something. I laughed out loud be/c I was moving with the beat-no worries, I did not start bouncing my booty like Beyonce.
11. I am Your Boogie Man-KC and the Sunshine Band
Another high school story-It was 70's day during football season. The pep rally was in full swing... I was pulled out of the crowd to dance with my friend Ben to this song. You would of thought we had just walked out of "Saturday Night Fever." In my mind, I see us dancing very well and everyone stopping to watch us move up and down the gym floor. Just kidding, the truth is we fell all over each other b/c have you ever tried dancing in platform heels?! No THANKS, MAN! NOT COOL!
12. Dancing Queen-ABBA
My other fantasy as a kid was dancing on Soul Train, although, I don't know if this would of been a song choice for the show but for me, "I am the Dancing Queen, Young and Lean, Only 17!"
13. Don't Stop Till you Get Enough-Micheal Jackson
"OOOH!" says Michael Jackson in a high pitch voice that makes you think he is part man, part cat!
And One to Grow on...
Remember this:
Hanging Touch, Step by Step, You've Got The (Right Stuff) New Kids on the Block
"We are going to put you in a trance with the funky song, stand tough, stand tough, are you tough enough? We're ROUGH, ROUGH!" From You've Got the Right Stuff
Girls all over the world in the late 80's early 90's can all remember dancing to this with thier friends and crying into thier NKOTB pillow at night. I had a Donny and Joey crush? What about you??
For More Thursday Thirteens boogie, boogie, boogie this way!
6 comments:
Great list! I really love "Dancing Queen," too, and I adore that scene you mentioned in "30 going on 13." :)
My TT is up, too!
http://southern-born-and-bred.blogspot.com
Those are some really good songs, though I can honestly say I never once had a crush on anyone from NKOTB. I did, however, used to crush on Michael Jackson (during his BAD days, not after) quite abit. Not now, of course. LOL.
Oh girl, when you want to come over and watch my VCR tapes of New Kids just let me know. Love your list, even if it is up a day early! HA! I caught you! I am tempted as well. Have a good T13!
I love #8! Thanks for the fun memories :)
Love music...it always gets me movin'. Shackles is a great song by Mary Mary and is actually Beth Moore's favorite song. She said that at a conference I was at one time.
My TT is up!
OMG I had the NKOTB sleepingbag... how lame is that?
My TT is up!
Post a Comment