I hate waterbugs a.k.a. nasty roach beasts! Recently I have two terrifying experiences with these nasty beasts and tonight's took the cake.
The first one was a few weeks back. I was watching television in my room when out of the corner of my eye I saw something fly by. "What was that?" Then all of sudden, I look down and there is this big, ugly roach like beast crawling towards me.
"EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! This was said over and over while I was drastically flapping my sheets trying to get the bug to GET OFF OF ME!!! Timidly I run out to my kitchen and grab the "Handy Dandy Bug Spray" and leap on my bed because I greatly feared being attacked by this beast. A few minutes pass by, long enough for me to relax and return my attention to the TV show. And again I see a flying object. "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it is the disgusting roach beast." But now I am armed so I start spraying like it is Lysol. (I know all about the warnings on the back of the can, please don't contact me with a list of why I should not have done this!) And instead of dying, the roach beast starts scrambling around like it is on speed or something. I was horrified! So I kept spraying. From one side of the room to the next it kept rushing around, I know it was dying but it was kind of amusing to watch. Finally it died and I became "Wonder Woman" with my broom in hand and scooped up the bug and flushed it down the toilet! Whoosh!!
On to tonight's sighting. This time it was next door at my mom's. (Yes I have already told you! We live next door! I swear one day I will give you the scoop but I must stay on topic!) I needed to borrow her step ladder to finish my closet organization closet. See last weeks 13 things for full scoop. Anyway I could not find where she put it, she was not home at the time. And don't worry I called her BEFORE I went over there. She just wasn't home!! Low and behold another waterbug was hanging out in her bathroom. I ran next door, grabbed my "Handy Dandy Bug Spray" and whisked back to save the day at her place. But this time the bug would not die! So I kept spraying! I know, I know, I read the back label I am just choosing to ignore it. Finally it landed on her bath mat but it was still squirming. So I drug the bath mat to the door to toss it outside. Whoosh! Unfortunately it did not Whoosh! It FLOPPED! Right on the tile entry way. I thought "No problem" Grab the broom and whisk it outside. I took my golf club a.k.a broom and pulled back to whack it good! It glided to a stop at the step coming into the front door. Again, I pull back...and again nothing. Finally I grab the dust pan and granny flopped it out the door. All the while saying, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!"
I am heading down to the office first thing to get them to call that exterminator that they rave about!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment