Monday, August 14, 2006

Is the Grass Really Greener on the Other Side?!?!

For everytime...

...a single person looks at a married couple and thinks, "I wish I was married." The married person could be thinking, "I wish I was single."

...a young married couple without kids looks at a couple with kids and thinks, "I wish I had a child." The couple with kids could be thinking, "I wish I had thier freedom."

...a mother with a house full of teenagers may envy the woman with an empty nest, while the woman with empty nest may be longing for the days where the sounds of teenagers filled her house.

...a young exectutive may wish that it was him retiring instead of his boss, while the boss may be wishing he was starting out again like the young executive.

Just remember that "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1 So the next time you find yourself wondering if the grass is greener on the other side, remember that maybe someone is watching you wishing they were in your shoes!

God Bless~
Susan!

1 comment:

Wade said...

Funny you should mention this. My small group is studying Max Lucado's Traveling Light. Last night we talked about the burden of discontentment. It comes down to making a decision that you are going to be happy regardless of your situation.

I think God is more than willing to point out reasons for us to be happy and content with our current situation if we would just ask. It's not that we have to lose hope that things will ever get better - but more of not depending upon a change of a situation before there can be a change of attitude.

Great post, Susan!

W