
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."~ Albert Einstein ~
I was 21-young and ambitious, maybe a little too ambitious. I wanted it all-a college degree, living out on my own, working a full time job and a full social calendar. Soon reality sunk in. I was run down, cranky and failing almost all of my classes, not to mention working every extra minute so that I could just get by. Social Life? Yeah right, I had no time. I was doing good just to get through the next day and even that was getting harder with each passing day.
I prayed. I searched. I kept falling behind. I prayed. I searched. I was blessed because God provided for my basic needs: food, clothing, shelter. Yet there was still something missing. After months of just "getting by" I gave up. I wish I could say the Lord opened my eyes and I realized I was not where the Lord wanted me and quickly got back on course. I was flying down one track and that was my own. My ideas and motives were selfish and pulling me down deeper and deeper into a bottomless pit. I kept praying but it was always for the Lord to fix the mess I made. What I didn't realize is that if I wanted this "mess" to be fixed I would have to stop moving and sit still long enough for God to unwind the tangled mess I had weaved. I was tightly wound and the untangling would take years. Ten years later I am still reaping what I sowed.
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."~ Albert Einstein ~
Take a moment and turn with me to the path I have just come from. Along this path of self destruction there are these wonderful mirages peppered through out my path when the journey becamemore than I could bare. Blessings upon blessings that I could not see in the midst of it all. I was not able to see because my focus was not on God's blessings but my life. Me. It was all about me.
"Draw Near to God and He Will Draw Near to You." James 4:8
Oh, dear friend, my life changed when I stopped running. My life changed when I drew to the one person who could take my difficulty and make into an oppurtunity. You may find this hard to believe but one day I believe you will, oh I pray you will. Ready? What I am about to share with you is the verse that kept me moving forward and NOT giving up.
"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us and eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Cornthians 4:17-18
So I hope you continue your journey today realizing that God has an eternal plan that outweighs all the junk of this world. I pray that my story can be a motivator for you to stop running and draw near to God. HE WILL DRAW NEAR TO YOU!
5 comments:
You kind words are so calming and inspiring. Thank you for the attention to the right direction. It is so hard to stay on track sometimes.
THANK YOU!!! Beautifully blogged.
I LOVE "how my life changed when I stopped running." That's just dead-on. Beautifully written post - mighty inspiring indeed.
Blessings upon blessings that I could not see in the midst of it all. I was not able to see because my focus was not on God's blessings but my life. Me. It was all about me.
This is SO TRUE FOR ME! You could have been blogging about my own life. This was such an encouraging, positive post! Thanks!
Camy
Oh, dear friend, my life changed when I stopped running....
Mine did too! Thanks for sharing. i can relate to this so much!
Post a Comment