I have always been a big fan of the Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrell and the Ethan Allen look-yet I don't like to spend the money! I used to be a furniture buyer for a small "Mom and Pop" store and realized that all small manufactors knock off the big guys like Pottery Barn and Crate and Barell. So what I have done is develop a "Design on A Dime" notebook from pictures I have printed on the internet or from catalogs and magazines I like. So when it comes time to decorate the holidays or I get the urge to redecorate a room-I first flip through my notebook. Then I go find the look for half the price. Design on a Dime comes in when I don't buy just to buy but think it out before I purchase.
For more "What Works For Me" see Shannon @ Rocks In My Dryer
11 comments:
This is a great tip. I get kinda sad whenever the pottery barn catalog comes because everything is so pretty but too expensive. I would live in Pottery Barn if I could, but it's frowned upon. Instead, I can just be inspired them. Thanks.
Great tip. I love the pictures you used. I'd take any of those rooms!
I don't even look at the Pottery Barn catalog (you'd think they'd take a hint and stop sending it), but now I think I will. Trying to find the lower-cost knockoff of something I like would be like a treasure hunt! This is a really smart idea, thanks!
Great tip. I love to look in the magazines to get ideas, then I go to my handy "inexpensive stores" and try to make the say look.
couldn't agree more wholeheartedly!! It's hard to have such good taste (lol), yet too much good sense to spend the unnecessary $$$ to get the look. It is indeed available for lots less!! Good for you!
I love your tip. I need to redecorate my house, maybe I will use this tip to help me out, as I am on a tight budget right now.
I love this idea! I do something similar for my card stamping (keeping a book of printed ideas to look at it), so why shouldn't I do it for my home decorating?
Thanks for sharing!
I love old time pottery
I could live in Pottery Barn if money allowed it..I keep binders for everything, can't believe I haven't thought of this yet! Thanks for such a great idea! =)
Excellent idea. And may I say you have wonderful taste as well!!
;0]
Pam
I am confessing....I am lusting over the top left picture! I NEED, I DESIRE a top notch craft room. My 2 feet in the laundy room just ain't cutting it after seeing that picture. Great ideas!
Post a Comment