Thursday, November 30, 2006

"They're All Going to Laugh at Us!"



So I borrowed this picture from our local weather station today. They asked people to send in their pictures of the WINTER BLAST! Guys, come on! Don't you know people up North are laughing at us! This is nothing compared to what I have seen on other peoples blogs who are dealing with a REAL-LIVE-BLIZZARD!
We Texans close schools and businesses for a little bit of slippery road. The local news stations take over the daily line up. The WHOLE day they showed us the same thing over and over. It was like the news was on a rotating feed that sounded something like this:
"We take you now to the bridges and over passes, which are very hazardous....it looks like conditions are getting worse...if you have to drive outside please be careful b/c streets are very icy...Stay home and watch us stand in the cold...I am sure there are people out there who are thankful for garages today-because otherwise they would be outside scrapping away...snow flurry's are falling-looks like we are in for a blizzard." (Yes people actual words out of the reporters mouth!)
But ask me if I left the house today!
Did you leave the house? asks YOU.
No, I work at home so I stayed in doors by the fire.
What else did you do today? asks YOU.
Watched "It's a Wonderful Life" twice. Labeled the company Christmas Cards. Did a few end of the year reports. Made fun of the news casters take on the WINTER BLAST. Made Chili for hubby and my neighbor (my mom)-made hot cocoa and sat by the fire.
That's what I did. Yep. Yep.
So what are you doing the rest of the night? asks YOU.
Well, I am staying up late to watch my college website just in case I don't have class tomorrow.
I bet you a ice cream sandwich that we won't because that is how Texans do things around here!
Wimps-that's what we are and I am a Native Wimp!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Well, I sure feel sorry for you! I don't know how you can stand working inside by a nice cozy fire. Good grief! You are soooo lucky. It's so cold here I almost can't stand it. Snow for Christmas is one thing but this ice box is another story altogether. My car doors have been frozen shut for four days!

Just for the record, I grew up in southeast Texas so I totally get it. :-)