Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thursday Thirteen: Prayers We Prayed


Many of you know that I am celebrating Canon's year anniversary this week of his new liver. I've been yelling- PRAISE YOU JESUS!!! all day long. During the past year, God brought the Perkins back into my life. (Chandra and I were roommates one summer at college-Drew was in my golf class-he was always trying to help improve my game-I still need work)
Anywhoo, I believe we were brought together because God knew that they would need someone outside of the circle to pray for them. Many days and nights were spent on my knees. I weeped like a baby when I read Chandra's journal the night they found out it was time. I still cry but mostly they are tears of joy or for the fact that they live sooooo far away from me and I don't see them near enough! You can read the full story at :http://mgmorrow.com/canon/indexcanon.shtml
13 Prayers We Prayed for the Perkins:
1. We prayed for the peace that passes all our understanding.
2. We prayed for provision. That the Lord would provide funding for the surgery and Canon's medications for the rest of his life. God richly blessed them.
3. We prayed for Creed, Canon's little brother, who was born during this roller coaster we call life.
4. We prayed for the travel. They had to fly to the appointments in Houston not to mention the 3 dry runs they had to endure.
5. We prayed for protection over Drew and Chandra's marriage. That no matter what might be happening on the outside-that they would remain true to each other and continue to lean on one another during this trying time.
6. We prayed for the many people who sacrificed their time to raise money in honor of Canon.
7. We prayed for Canon that he would be at peace with all the poking and prodding he had to endure. We prayed that God would provide a liver and then that God would heal him.
8. We prayed for the family that would lose their loved one in order to provide Canon with a new liver.
9. We prayed for the non-believers who had lost hope in God. We prayed that through the story of Canon that they would believe and have hope once again in the one true God.
10. We prayed for the doctors and nurses who used their gifts to provide Canon with excellent care and with the Perkins the right amount of knowledge.
11. We prayed for the Perkins and Morrows who were watching not only their grandchild but their children deal with such hardship. They were a source of strength to them during this time. Held them up in prayer, fundraising, babysitting and by just doing what parents do best loving them in good times and in bad.
12. We prayed that their Christmas last year in Houston would be a blessing. It sure was-Canon soon started walking after his surgery.
13. We continue to pray all these things but most of all we praise God for His faithfulness.
Thank you Lord for your healing hand. Thank you Lord for blessing this the Perkins. And Lord thank you for allowing me the opportunity to pray for my sweet friends. You have taught me so many lessons about how rewarding it can be to pray for others.
Praise you Jesus!!! Praise You
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


3 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

This is one of the best lists that I've seen. The power of prayer is amazing. I'm glad that Canon is doing well (as well as the entire family). I can not imagine what his parents went through.

Anonymous said...

amazing!
i'm so glad that Canon's doing well.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being prayer warriors for this family. God bless!