Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Are You A Lurker?

How many of you have those blogs that you read on a daily basis yet you NEVER comment. That is what is known in blogland as a lurker. I am the queen of lurking-I don't always want to comment b/c I don't want people to think I am stalking them. The truth is-I am stalking others. I guess I just figure that what people don't know can't hurt them.
But it always freaks me out when I realize that my family is out there lurking. Within the last few weeks-in the "REAL WORLD" friends even family members have started conversations with me on a topic I had written here in blogland. "You mean you read my blog?" Wow! To which I rapidly start going over my blog in my head-did I say something about them?
So my NEW policy for myself is to comment on the blogs that I LURK -simply because I believe it encourages others when you let them know you are actually reading there work. But if you don't want to comment, no skin off my back. Lurkers are welcome here at my pad. But please feel free to email me or stop me on the street and say, "I like your blog." That always sends me warm fuzzies!
PS Does anyone know how to fix my blog so it actually does spaces and indents. I hate the "all crammed" together look that happens when I post-the preview does not do this-it is all nice and spaced out!

5 comments:

Beck Boys said...

I am the worlds worst. I love to read and never comment! By the way - I need addresses for your family. Can you please e-mail them to me lyneil@aggienetwork.com
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm not officially a lurker of your blog seeing that this is my first time here. But I too have had some uncomfortable experiences upon finding family members reading my blog. Last Christmas I walked in the livingroom to find my extended inlaws discussing a story I had recently written and later while shopping for a new car the salesman recognized me and started talking as if he had know me for years. Apparently his wife read my blog and had shown it to him. Kinda creepy. Sometimes we forget that people outside our circle are actually out there reading. I don't mind the complete strangers its the people I might meet in the grocery store that make me keep a check on what I'm writing.

I look forward to reading more of your posts and I promise not to be a lurker.

Unknown said...

Susan, I sometimes "lurk" on your blog just to see how you are. I have seen your comments on other blogs, which led me to yours. My husband knows of my no family rule that is geared towards our parents, etc. Anytime he sends out the link to one of his friends or one of his friends mentions reading my blog, he is well trained in telling them not to tell his parents about the blog. I do the same with my friends. It isn't that I bad mouth them, but I just feel like I would write things differently if I knew our parents were reading. Anyway, hope you are having a great day!

Kate (Barclay)

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Susan, I confess, I am an occasional lurker on your blog! I enjoy reading it and keeping up with how you're doing!

Wendy (Waller)