Monday, December 18, 2006

A Blessed Assurance


From the time my nieces and nephews were born, I have prayed for them to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. Recently I have started to see major growth in Faith. She reads her Bible and prays with such power you know she causes the enemy to tremble.
Today I received a call from my mother-a very happy grandmother, I must say. She told me that today Faith went down for the "altar call" with her mom and Dad. My brother is a pastor at the church so it must of been a special time for him to get on his knees with his very own daughter as she accepted Jesus into her heart.
To me this is what Christmas is all about. Not the presents under the tree, or the stockings hung with care but watching someone you love and have prayed for accept Jesus into their heart. Today she became not only my niece but my sister in Christ.
This my friends is a true BLESSED ASSURANCE!
PS I have a to-do list a mile long so I will post the Christmas pictures later today or first thing in the morning! Until then, enjoy your journey!

5 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Where is Gunnar preaching??? I didn't know that.

YIPPPEEE Faith!!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Paige- he actually not preaching but the Pastor of Stewardship. In COFC terms that means minister but they call all ministers Pastor.
He is at Gateway Church and loves every minute of it. My mom is also working there as an admin.

Girl Raised in the South said...

I got to stand next to my husband, 10 years ago. What a great experience. Great encouragement that our prayer for family members makes a difference. Absolutely.

Jodi said...

What a wonderful post!!! I feel proud enough to be her aunt!!! :)

laura said...

what a party is going on in heaven! we're dancing and singing for joy right along with them! Praise God! (last i heard they were still at rhcc, when did that change? i am so glad they are happy at gateway! where is that?)