Monday, December 18, 2006

Phew...It's Over!



Yesterday at our church the little kids sang "Away in A Manger" and "Silent Night". I am happy to say that the kids did a great, fantastic, marvelous, so happy i could just spit job. They were wonderful!

A few funny episodes I have to report:

1) Noah-our piano player was very nervous before we went on. (He is the little boy in the second photo) I was talking to him alone before we started to rehearse. I said, "Noah, I am nervous too but that has to be our secret because we have to lead these little darlings. Do you think we can do it?"

"Oh yes of course!" He said. But before he went up on stage he gave me the "deer in headlights" look and I started laughing. He did so good! Very proud of my friend Noah!

2. Little Avery did not want to stay on stage. She is my little two year old that beats to her own drum. She is a good source of laughter for me. During the song, yes the middle of the song-she leaves the stage, walks over to her dad and says "Hi Daddy!" Then turned around and joined us back on stage. As we were walking out, I had to carry her because she wanted to stay with her parents. I said, "Wave and smile at all of our friends and family." She said, "I am waving-don't you see me!" Ha! Ha!

3. Little Grace did not want to go on stage. She was in tears from the time we stopped rehearsal through the whole two songs. I was holding her before we went on trying to gently coax her through it. I told her if she went on stage for me I would allow her to go sit with her mom instead of going back to the classroom. She went on but her brother Henry saw that she was crying so during the whole two songs he was hugging on her and putting his hands on either side of her mouth trying to get her to smile. People thought he was pestering her but the real story is he was trying to be a great big brother and cheer her up.

4. And last but not least, Hudson and Emma! Hudson was close to a break down before we went on stage-he said "I want to stand by Emma!" (His little sister) I did not mind-anything to keep him from crying at this point. During the song they had laid down on the stage and had to be told the song was over and we were leaving the stage.

Later people were coming up to me telling me "Did you see Emma and Hudson laying down?"

"Yes, they were laying prostrate before the Lord-and when the spirit moves them...well, you just go with it."

Except Jeff swears instead of saying prostrate I said prostate-but I don't think I said that or others would have pointed it out and laughed at me.

I did say that though later that night when I was telling my in-laws about the singing-but in my defense it was 2 am when I was telling them this story before we were heading home.

Anyway...glad it's over but so thankful for all the kids and their hard work.

They are priceless and I could not have been more proud of each of my sweet friends!

3 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Thanks for the LOL to start my day. I too get prostrate and prostate mixed up - but then who uses either very much. Not doing one and not having the other, it's easy to get confused. My favorite ever Christmas pageant was when a little girl, at the very beginning, started pulling her dress up over her face, and did it through the entire program. We were all literally crying from laughter by the end of it. Sounds like you did great - I truly would have loved to be there. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey my kiddos "made" your blog! Overall the perforamnce went very smooth - there were 2 year olds and up on that stage... I asked Hudson why he laid down on the stage and he said, "I was was so tired from praticin'". Oh well, what do you do...? Good memories...

laura said...

what precious memories... you can always count on little ones to keep it interesting! so glad that it went well and that they had the precious opportunity to show the church body how they love to praise God!