Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Christmas Surprise!


Follow this link to read a wonderful story of a stranger helping other strangers. A wonderful example of the old saying, "It is better to give than to receive!"




I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas holiday. It is 9:45 am Christmas Eve morning-Jeff and I are trying to spend every moment with each other, savoring our time alone. We both hope that next year will have another addition to our family so this Christmas we are spending time with just the two of us. We are in a constant state of laughter these days. I praise God for the joy that we have found with each other. My husband truly is my very best friend. Today as he goes off to find my most cherished gift on my list, a "Crop-A-Dile" and some other things he will not tell me no matter how much I ask-I will sit home and wrap his presents that I bought him yesterday.


I plan to take time to pray-really pray for my loved ones this afternoon. It seems that there is more and more to pray for today. But if you are a loved one reading this just know that God is fully in control and will provide for all your needs. Just remember to trust in Him and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up hope or praying to the Lord. "Draw Near to God and He Will Draw Near to You!" (James 4:8)


Forgive me for allowing my stream of thought to overrun this post...


I recently reread the book of James. A wonderful reminder to persevere through our trials. I pray that you, if you find yourself struggling, would take time to read James. I read it to Jeff one night not too long ago and we both cried as it fit all that we have been going through the last couple of months. But we believe that God is faithful and will carry us through. Maybe that is why we are able to have joy these last few days-because we know without a shadow of doubt that all prayers will be answered in due time.


So we are off to have a Merry Christmas! To celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and to cherish this Christmas with each other because hopefully our little one will come in his due time. Who knows what will happen in 2007!

2 comments:

Corina Bowen said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Our middle daughter, with baby, is here this Christmas. Last christmas he was with us too, but we didn't know it yet. She realized, driving home to Texas, that smells bothered her more, and a few days later found out he was there. This year, we're all wearing slippers and walking very quietly through the house, don't want to wake the baby! If I were you I'd be making noise just because you still can! Here's praying for a little one for you in 2007. xoox