Monday, December 04, 2006

Faithful...

Today's Proverbs 31 Ministry devotional is a good one. You should check it out! Also if you are looking for an uplifting, inexpensive magazine may I suggest that you subscribe to Proverbs 31. It has really blessed my life!

As I was walking today, with a high of 25 degrees-I was thanking God for being there for me through good times and bad. I was praising Him for all that He has done and all that He is going to do in my life. I realize how blessed I am after reading a friend's blog who is a missionary in Africa and they have been without water for a few days now. Yet they are still praising God.

We complain because we don't have the latest gadget or that our house doesn't look like it came out of the pages of the magazine but here are Randy and Kelly praising God for allowing the water to come back on long enough for them to wash dishes, bodies, clothes and flush the toilets. It just reminds me that all the "stuff" we hold so dear really doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

So no matter what may be taking place in your life today-please remember one thing: be thankful!
Thank God for the things we take for granted: shelter from the cold, our health, each new breath and the freedom to pray openly to God.

God bless your journey!
Susan

No comments: