Monday, December 04, 2006

A Mother-Daughter Affair To Remember



This past Saturday I splurged and took my mother to the Radio City Rockettes Musical Spectacular. It was fabulous! I love to see the Toy Solider Routine and the high kicks but I must admit the finale was the icing on the cake. They closed out the show telling the "Nativity Story." I had to dab away the tears. It is not often anymore that people put so much emphasis on Christmas being a celebration of Christ's birth outside of church doors. To see it out in public really made it all the more significant.
I was blessed to have this day one on one with my mother. Don't get me wrong-I enjoy family time but family time comes often. Mother-Daughter outings are not as often as they used to be. So to be able to spend the day with my mom was priceless. Maybe next year we will be celebrating not only Christ's birth but the birth of our baby numero uno! Only time will tell, right?!

3 comments:

laura said...

susan, soak up that mother daughter time! what a treasure to have your mom close enough to be able to enjoy times like that! And so funny that you should mention the Nativity. I was walking through downtown today and there is a big Nativity scene on the corner. And I thought to myself, during a time in which I am struggling to find things that I am thankful for here... I am thankful that it is still accepted, and encouraged to celebrate Christmas for what it truly is!

Barb said...

I love the photo! I can't remember the last time anyone took a photo of me and my mom. Now that she's decided to move away, we should make sure we do that.

I know exactly what you mean. I try to set aside one day a week for just me and Mom. She'll be living hundreds of miles away in less than a month and I know I'm going to miss her.

What fun you two had! Good for you taking some time for just the two of you.

Heather said...

Rockettes!!!!!!! I am so jealous!