Wednesday, December 20, 2006

WFMW: How to Make Your Own Snowman





So many people asked during the Boo Mama Tour of Homes how I made my snowman- so I thought I would share for today's What Works For Me

1) The Body-Go to your local craft store-I went to Micheals-find three different size glass vases that will sit on top of each other without falling into the other one. I chose a brandy vase, and two "fish bowl" vases one smaller than the other.

2. Insides- Buy fake snow in a bag.

3. The Hat- In the flower decor section buy two round flower forms so that when you put together it will take on the look of a top hat. (See picture) I guled the two pieces with hot glue-then carved out a little "ditch" where the hat will sit on the vase. This was it doesn't fall off and if you would like to reuse the vases during the year-you don't have a styrofoam stuck to the top.
4. The Scarf-find your favorite Christmas ribbion and cut enough to where it looks long like a scarf.
That's all folks-easy cheesy.

So here is your shopping list:
1. 3 different size vases
2. Two round flower forms in different sizes
3. Fake Snow
4. Christmas Ribbon

For More Great tips see Sharon at Rocks In My Dryer


4 comments:

Kellie said...

This is cute - and very do-able. Thanks for sharing!

Rae said...

That's amazingly simple & it looks so cute! Thanks for sharing =) Happy Holidays!

Homeschool Help Web said...

That is SO, so cute, I love it!

Barb said...

This isn't cheesy - it's adorable and for pete's sake, it sounds so easy. These would be adorable gifts to make for friends and coworkers.

So thank you for sharing these simple instructions. When I saw this in your tour, I was so impressed I never dreamed it was this simple.

Merry Christmas to you. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. And let me tell you, that fake snow sure looks like more fun than the snow we got this week in Colorado!