Friday, December 29, 2006

Reason # 100,225,555 Why I Love Jeff

Cousin Sarah is 16-while the other teenage cousins picked White Elephant gifts filled with GC's, "The Simple Life" DVD and other things teenagers like these days-Sarah picks these candles...




She was hoping, wishing, praying for someone to steal her candles b/c what would she do with this in her bedroom that she shares with her sister Thori?

Then comes Jeff! Her Knight In Shining Armor.




Now did Jeff really want these candles? Probably not-but he knew that Sarah wouldn't want them and knew that it would be one less decoration for our home that he didn't have to purchase.

Sarah sent us a card today where she thanked Jeff from saving her from getting stuck with the candles. She ended up with the movie "Waiting" which I think she really wanted in the first place.

Thank you Jeff for helping Cousin Sarah out. Just another reason why I love my hubby!

3 comments:

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Very sweet! Your blog is so encouraging! Happy New Year!

Barb said...

It was awfully nice of him to do that for her but honestly, I don't think he got the worse deal at all. Those candles are kind of cute!

Happy New Year to you, Susan. You've been a blessing to me and my new year will be better with you in it.

Anonymous said...

He trully is a hero! I wish he had been with us at our party. I opened a hideously large black fake leather "biker purse" pieced together with tassels.

It was one of those gifts that when you open it you know the game is over for you. Actually I'm glad I got the purse. After everyone had gone but our closest friends we played games trying to find alternate uses for it. It makes for a great wig!