Sunday, December 31, 2006

Proof: Elijah Likes Sidewalk Chalk


I left Jeff in charge of watching the kids as they hung out on our patio and drew us pictures. This is a common activity at Uncle Jeff's and Aunt Sue Sue's-but it's the first time that Elijah participated. I walked in for just a few minutes and came back to Jeff drawing a tribal face on our nephew. Plus the walls were covered with "pictures" by Elijah. In a few hours we would be gathering to do our stocking exchange with my mom, Sam and Gunnar's crew-so I knew I would need to clean him up before hand. But Jeff says "Oh let him get dirty-that's what boys do." So I went back to cooking and let Jeff and the kids to their sidewalk art. Great thing about chalk... it comes off with a pat of the hand or a baby wipe. Missy, I bet you didn't realize your son was this dirty-did you?





2 comments:

Wade said...

Hey Suz,

The best part about being a boy is having a license to get dirty!

You should be glad it was only chalk. One of my favorite things to do growing up was to make mud pies - yum!

W

Unknown said...

So cute! I have been working out my aversion to letting Jackson get dirty as boys do. Just this past week, I stripped him down immediately after returning in from outside to treat a grass stain. I think I better get used to it!