Friday, January 19, 2007

Moving Forward

At the end of last semester I told Jeff that I didn't think I wanted to go to school this semester. He being the constant supporter told me it was my decision and that he would pray that the Lord would show me the right direction. Well God showed me the right direction alright; none of the classes I needed were available in the time I needed. No night classes, no morning classes only mid-afternoon which would not work for my work schedule. So I am taking a break from college.

This week two things happened on the same day that has made me start to wonder if something big is about to happen in our life. The first is I got a raise. On the same day I received this raise, I stopped taking the pill. So I guess you can say-Jeff and I are finally moving forward.

In less than 30 days we will start the process of putting a contract on a house. Which house? Don't know-we just know we are moving forward.

I tell you all of this because of two things. One is that we need the prayer. The second is I needed to "get my words" out. So blog land please remember us in your prayers. And friends and family in the real world, please allow us to come to you with our news. We are trying to surprise you all when the time comes for buying a house or finding out the baby is coming. But at this time, we are both hanging on and trying not to freak out with all the change taking place.

Got to run-Ashley Furniture can't sell by itself!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Yeah!!! I am excited for you, sometimes changes are really really exciting...and this seems to be one of those times =) I wait in anticipation in how the Lord is going to move in your life.

Yippeee.

Kellie said...

Hurray! I love times of change when you KNOW God is doing something in your life and you just have to wait and find how what He's got planned. It's so exciting! I'll be praying that you'll be blessed with a little one soon! =)

laura said...

sometimes so much change (good or bad or other) all at once can be really overwhelming, but at the same time, when you know God is at the helm of it all, it's actually a peaceful ride. Not to say that it's calm, calm and peace are two different things I've found. Things were definitely not calm when in one year we had a baby, packed our house, traveled saying good-bye to all, moved to a foreign country, moved three times within the city, learned a new language... where do I stop, but they were peaceful, because we knew that God was guiding our steps, our decisions and our hearts. I continue to pray the same peace for you guys. God bless!

Barb said...

Well, first of all, congratulations on the raise. That's got to be nice!

I'll pray for you since you asked but honestly, these anticipated changes are steps in the right direction, moving toward your future, and I see them as blessings.

A new home and a new baby (hope hope)? That's about as good as it gets!

I can understand that even the possibility of so many changes happening at once can be a little daunting, but if you just take it slowly and enjoy the process, you'll be just fine.

Beck Boys said...

Change can be a lot of fun - it can also be stressful. Enjoy all the changes coming your way and keep us posted on the road to get there.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Lots to pray about, but God is over it all. Such an exciting time!