Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Susie, Susan, or Sue Sort of Thing

Susie at A Pink Carnation In Bloom tagged me with the following questions since my name is Susan and I believe this is a good way for two fellow Susan’s, Susie’s or Sue’s to get to know one another.

1. As a child, what did you always say you wanted to be when you grew up?

An astronaut-until I realized I had to be good at math. I hate math! Then I wanted to be a heart surgeon, this lasted for a year until a friend of my dad's who was a heart surgeon showed me an actual surgery. I soon changed my mind after I heard the saw and the crack of the ribs.

2. If you had to choose one thing that you've always dreamed of doing, what would it be? What is stopping you?

I want to write a bible study for women. Young women-starting out in life. I think the thing that is stopping me is my pride. I don't want to be told no by a publisher. A few ladies have gone through this study I have been working on (Title: Blessed Assurances, go figure) and I am very thankful for each one of them for being my guinea pigs-but is it really God's plan or my life? I also have been growing so much so I believe it will happen one day but God has some fundamental lessons I need to learn first.

3. Who is your biggest fan? Who is always encouraging you to be all that you can be?

JEFF hands down. Without him I would not have taken the steps to move beyond my
past, go back to college and would not be working out three times a week.

Let's take a RANDOM STORY BREAK

Jeff and I were working out the other day. He suggested that I do some arm curling things with a barbell and weights. He had 2- 5lb weights on either side of the bar. I said, "I think you need to add more-I can lift more than 10 lbs!" To which he replied, "This is for me and I am not done adding weights." (Very important that I do not portray Jeff as a weakling) So when it came my turn he takes all the weights off-"Okay first try to see if you can lift the bar." I lift the bar as I think to myself, NO PROBLEM-anyone can lift the bar! Right?!?! WRONG! NOT TRUE SO FALSE! I struggled. After my first rep-he starts to laugh at me. Since my ears are plugged into my IPOD-I look at him and say "What so funny?!" He asks me if he thinks I can make it through the next two reps. I smile, look down at my playlist and scroll until I get to my favorite workout tune....ROCKY! Yes, that's right-I use ROCKY to help me lift a 25 lb bar. Anyway, I will keep you posted when I add the 5 lb weights!

Okay folks-blink the lights intermission is over!



4. What bible study or book (besides the obvious-the Bible) has most
Impacted your life to date?


Breaking Free by Beth Moore Thank God I am now free! This could be a great post for another day-too long to type tonight.

5. When are you the happiest?

When I see God working in my life or the lives of those around me. When I am steadfast in the word and when I wake up get dressed and stay on task all day. That way when I fall into bed at night-I know I have done all that God has called me to do for that day.

Okay-I won't tag anyone in particular but if you are suffering from writer's block-not knowing what to post on your blog-feel free to join in. Now if you are a Susie, Susan or Sue you MUST join in-how hateful would you be if you did NOT join the rest of us.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Thanks for joining in Susan! I loved hearing your heart in this meme. I do hope you eventually get this bible study published. I will be the first in line to buy it. I love the name, too! Congrats on your work out program and I think just doing the bar itself is pretty amazing. Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

this is a great example of something you should put in an album... one day your kids will LOVE reading such details about their momma...

~ km