I just needed to take a moment and praise my husband. He has been so sweet and supportive the last few days and deserves a post of his own.
Yesterday, Jeff was off work so he was home with me on Valentine's Day. This is not a common thing for him to be off work during the week but his schedule has changed to where he will work Thursday and Friday during the day than his normal night shift.
Unfortunately, I have been sick the last few days. And yesterday was my worst day. But Jeff took it all in stride. He ran a couple loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and refilled my water glass. Later, he went to Sam's Club to see if he could rummage up a meal. He brought home a plate of Cajun Chicken Pasta that was pure heaven. He also had a Valentine's Day card telling me how much he loves me. Now a card on Valentine's Day is A BIG deal b/c we long ago threw out the idea of celebrating "THIS HALLMARK HOLIDAY" as Jeff dubbed it back then. Plus I would rather he save up all the romance he can muster for my birthday the following week. But this year, I got a card, dinner, clean clothes and a clean kitchen. Who can ask for more?
Today I am feeling much, much better! In fact, if I wasn't coughing the bullhorn style coughs I would consider myself fully recovered. Praise God for that, right? So I am going to work until 1, then dump all the trash, clean the sheets, fold the remaining laundry from yesterday and vacuum the house. Then I will scrub the bathroom, scrub myself (yes I am still in my pj's) and take my husband out to his favorite restaurant and possibly a movie. Why? Because I love him and he deserves a little bit of pampering today.
Thank you Jeff for spending you Sunday this week caring for our grandmothers. Thank you for spending the last few days keeping our house running smoothly while I crapped out on the couch from this nasty, nasty cold. I love you dearly!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're feeling better. If you're ready to get all this done today and still go out tonight, you're definitely on the mend.
Nothing says love like a husband who will take care of you like that when you're sick. Lucky you.
:-)
I think Jeff earned dinner out and a movie! I think you deserve it too as you need to celebrate feeling better.
Post a Comment