Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day or Is It?

I usually am one who loves Valentine's day-not because of what the day means but because it is the countdown to my birthday. My birthday is exactly 7 days after Valentines-the 21st. As a kid the Valentine card swaps always felt like a kick off to my BIG DAY. But today things are a little different.

I woke up this morning around 2, feeling just plain yuck. I was sick all day yesterday but I went to bed thinking the worst was over. Not so, dear friends. I took my temperature last night-102 was the high! And boy do I feel it. Now I am laying on the couch with the covers over me, my phone to the right and my laptop resting on the armrest. Because, I am still working even though I feel like a weight is on my chest and jump from being extremely hot to extremely cold.

I am going to MAKE MYSELF get up and take a shower, brush my teeth before Jeff wakes for the day. I may not be a beautiful Valentine today but I sure don't want to be a smelly one!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

2 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

102 temp - I'd snuggle under the covers and stay there til I felt human again.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you are sick! Hopefully, you can get rid of this yuckiness before your birthday arrives!