Friday, March 30, 2007

20 Ways To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insainity

This week has been so crazy, insane is a better word for it. I am heading to a retreat this weekend so last night Jeff and I chalked it up to spiritual warfare. He was so sweet last night, he was sitting in a chair, got up and said, "You have had such a hard week and deserve a hug." It was so random, out of the blue even, that I started crying like a baby. He was sweet to just let me cry it out. I later went to bed at 8:30-I NEVER go to bed that early but I fell asleep watching "The Office" and only woke up long enough to turn off the television and the lights in the bedroom. I realize that I am not the only one who has had a crazy week so when I received this email from my sister-in-law I decided it was blog worthy too.

Enjoy, 20 Way to Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity

1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if They Slow Down.

2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

4. Put your Garbage can on your desk and label it "In."

5. Put Decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.

6. In the memo field of all your checks, write "For Smuggling Diamonds"

7. Finish all your sentences with "In Accordance with the Prophecy."

8. Don't use any punctuation.

9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.

10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

11. Specify that your drive through Order is "To-Go."

12. Sing along at the Opera.

13. Got to a Poetry Recital. And ask why the poems don't rhyme.

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area and Play Tropical Sounds all Day.

15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.

16. Have your Co-Workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Bottom.

17. When the Money comes out the ATM, Scream "I Won! I Won!"

18. When leaving the Zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "Run For you Lives! They're loose!"

19. Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

20. Take the weekend to recuperate from the long, stressful week.

6 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Thank you for that laugh. I liked many of the suggestions. Prophecy, not in the mood, mosquito net I htink are my favorites. OH, and the smuggling diamonds.

Have fun on your retreat. I know I had to get off the phone yesterday quickly, a client picking up photos, but know that I am praying for those you asked. Spiritual Warfare is rocking many of us!

Sarah said...

I love it...I think I will try a few and see how they turn out! : ) Thanks for the good entertainment.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hey, some of those could work for me! LOL!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

These are funny! Number 1 is my favorite.

Chelsea said...

Regarding #18, when my sister and I were in college we used to run through the reptile house at the St. Louis Zoo yelling, "Loose snakes! Loose snakes!" You've never seen kids' eyes so big.

Kimmy said...

that SO made me giggle... ~ kim

P.S. it was FUN spending time with you on the retreat!!!!!!!!!