The rain outside mirrors my mood today.
For those of you praying for my cousins twins, thank you! Sadly Jayde died early this morning. Our hearts go out to the Kory and Jaymie.
I always wonder why God has Jeff and I in a holding pattern. Sometimes I get really, really mad but other times I rejoice. And today I am rejoicing for that.
You see because of this time in the "waiting room" I have a very flexible schedule. I am able to drop everything in a moments notice to pray, eat lunch with friends, talk on the phone, stay up late praying some more and visit you when you are down and out.
I guess God knows what He is doing. A few months ago, a conversation with me would consist of me talking about house hunting and trying for babies. For some reason the last few weeks this has not been my focus. I don't care about a house. I love my apartment and the memories Jeff and I have made it our "home." I desire to have a baby but right now I just want to rest in the assurance that God has a plan for me.
I love the fact that I am exactly where God wants me. I am able to serve and serve completely because that is the place God has for me. I am in the final chapter of Beth Moore's book. It is a MUST READ. I have grown through the 175 or so pages. Last night before bed, I read a little more.
Let me end with a quote, it may be a bit long but read it anyway. Did you hear me I said READ IT! It is well worth it! Beth is talking about life after the pit and the choices we make to stay on firm ground.
"Or you could make up your mind that you're in with God, standing upon that rock, the rest of your days. The apostle Paul called it being found in Christ (see Philippians 3:9). No matter how long it's been since you've seen me, He is where you can find me. Whether my health flourishes or fails, that's where I'll be. Richer or poorer, I've made up my mind. In the light of day or dark of night, find me in Christ. Spouse or not. Kids or not. Jobs or not. I've made up my mind.
When you've made that decision and given your heart, mind and soul in all their fissured parts; and when you've given your past, present, and future "to him who is able to keep from falling (Jude 1:24); and when you know you're absolutley in come what may...congratulations, Sweet Thing. You're out of the pit and your feet are on a rock."
Beth Moore, "Get Out of That Pit" page 167
So you see, today sucks to be honest with you but I am choosing to stand on the rock of God. In Christ alone, will I find my strength to withstand all the CRAP that has been tossed my way the last few weeks. And as my mom would say, "Leave it at His feet" so I off to do just that.
Oh and when times get bad He surrounds us with wonderful friends and family so to each of you out there who have called, emailed, hugged, prayed, left sweet comments-here is a big old internet hug just for you! x0x0x0x0x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I'm very sad about little Jayde. I know the Lord gives and takes away, blessed be His name, but it's hard to walk through the "takes away" times, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your heart and your love for your friends with me so I could join in prayer with you as well. It will be sweet to meet that little one in heaven . .
It's so amazing how paths cross in the body of Christ. Emily (my sis) knew Jaymie at ACU and they may have even known each other through Deer Run too (I'm not sure about that... Em was a counselor one summer). So when Em and I were on the phone this week and she told me about Kory and Jaymie and their sweet babies and I already knew, she was like... huh? I am so thankful for the ways that God allows the petitions of our brothers and sisters to fall upon our ears and our hearts so that we can lift them up in prayers. Please let Jaymie and Kory know that the prayers for them and Kanyon are global :) as we are lifting them up in prayer from Bolivia! God bless you Susan and know how it makes my heart soar to hear you accepting where God has you as this very moment, knowing that it does afford you the opportunity to be totally accessible to those who need you and your spirit right now! We all love that about you!
Post a Comment