For each of my nieces birthdays I take them to IHOP for breakfast and a trip to Wal-Mart to pick out their present. Today was Katy's day! Now let me tell you, Katy is a lot more, should I say, shy, no that's not it...maybe I should say, humble...yeah humble is the right word...than her sister Faith. Faith is a lot like me, God help her! She loves to be the center of attention. She is not afraid to talk up her birthday weeks in advance and she will tell you all day, "It's my birthday say happy birthday to me!" The proof of our similarities is in this post.
Anyway, Katy was the complete opposite of Faith. I bought her an "I am 5" pin today. She put it on at first but then someone at IHOP said, "Happy Birthday!" because they read her pin. It freaked her out and she asked to take it off. What!?!?!? Shoot, I would of loved to have one that said "I am 29 today," I would of wore it proudly. Although I am happy to say she later put it back on after I talked to her about how important today was. I said things like, today is YOUR DAY, you only have this day only once a year, so you should soak it up because everyone deserves to feel special on their day. Do you know her response?
"I felt different today when I woke up because I was a whole year older!"
I told her I totally understood how she feels, I always feel different on my birthday. When they came to sing I snapped this picture of her in the "IHOP Chef's hat." She was a little nervous with having all the attention focused on her. Isn't she a doll! Love this girl, yes I do!
Here is her breakfast of champions...she ate all the chocolate chips and almost half of the Funny Face Pancake.
And here I am with my sweet niece Katelyn. (And yes that is an NCAA hat I am proudly wearing from my mom's trip last year. Hint to Mom: Bring me back another one this year. And yes bloggers, my mom is going to the finals without ME! Where is the love people? Where is the love? The closest I get to being able to go to the Finals is dropping them off at the airport!)
I love you sweet Katelyn and enjoyed being able to be apart of your special day! After all you only turn 5 once. And you are the cutest 5 year old I know!
Katelyn's Favorites at age 5 (according to her today)
Favorite Cartoon: Popeye and Dora
Favorite Color: Purple (she gets that from me!)
Favorite Season: Summer (she surprised me, I didn't know if she would understand what I was asking)
Favorite Movie: "Ah, sometimes "Tweety the Movie" and sometimes "High School Musical"
Favorite Food: Pancakes (Go figure...she was waiting for them after all)
Favorite Restaurant: McDonald's
2 comments:
What a wonderful post that was! I really enjoyed it!
Very cute! My son turned 11 today. Last year I was able to take him to lunch and out to spend his birthday money, thus starting a tradition. It is fun to celebrate them for the day. One day they will treasure this time they had one-on-one.
Post a Comment