Katelyn and I (who spent the night with "Lynnie"-grandmother extraordinaire and who lives next door to us) were driving to have breakfast this morning with the family.
Yesterday she picked out this Barbie for her gift from us, that looks like a Barbie but is actually a remote for a game you can load on the television. You have to actually program the stupid thing before it will actually work. Since Katelyn has been looking very forward to playing her new game-and to say she was bummed it didn't work the instant we put the batteries in is a small understatement.
As we were driving to breakfast she says, "I am not going to worry about the Barbie because I know that my Daddy can fix it later today. When my Daddy is around there is no reason for me to worry, right?"
This of course got me to thinking about my Heavenly Father.
"Katy, do you know that we have the same thing with our Heavenly Father, even when you Daddy is not here He is watching out for you?"
"Oh yes, and if my Daddy and Mommy were to die I would be just fine because God is watching out for me and He will take care of me."
"That's right, sweet friend. Why do we waste our time worrying when God is going to take care of us?"
"I don't worry because God is always with me."
My heart smiled and I know that God's did too.
Later in the day, I was praying about the house hunt. I started to think about my conversation today and quickly changed my tune. "Lord, I am not going to worry because I know that you are going to take care of me-just like Katy said."
Do you think there was a reason she was in the car and said these things the day after I spent most of the night laying my worries at God's feet? Coincidence, I think not.
Father, thank you for showing me that you are here and have gone before us so there is no need to worry about the little details or the big because you are in them all."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey - shoot me an email when you get a chance. You can click on my blog and then contact me. I have a question.
Thanks!!
Tara
Sometimes children understand a lot more than we give them credit for. That is a heartwarming story!
hey - I didn't recognize your blog for a minute! How very pretty!! I enjoyed seeing you yesterday, friend. You sure are a good aunt . .
kendra
Precious! I love in the Bible where it says "a little child shall lead them." They just trust.
That is so cool how God arranged that conversation. I wish I could have more childlike faith about my situations, too. It is what He wants from us. Thanks for sharing.
Hey, your blog is so encouraging and always makes me think and goes great with my midnight snack of cheddar blast goldfish and chocolate chip bunny grahams!
Post a Comment