It's no secret our family is a basketball family. As we speak, I am watching the NCAA finals and updating my brackets. My grandfather and I have a tradition of making our picks for each Round. Whoever wins over all buys the other a gag gift and one thing I love is a good gag gift, yes I do!Round One we are tied so I am crossing my fingers that Kentucky wins. Last nights upset for Duke initiated the happy dance for me. I had to call Bonner (that is my grandfather) to gloat. Today he called me to gloat over the Texas A & M CC loss to Wisconsin. Tonight Jeff is in Las Vegas so I went over to harass my grandfather since I was one team ahead at that point. We have an appointment tomorrow at 9 A.M to make the Round 2 picks. I will keep you posted on my status.
Now for the rest of the story....
I met my sister in law with the three kids for a gourmet lunch at Mickey D's a.k.a McDonald's. It was delightful to say the least. After we got done eating we took the kids into the playroom to play. Elijah noticed the basketball goal game pretty quickly. He became so excited when a little boy dropped the basketball on the ground. I told my sister in law, "That must of been the same look that the Israelites had when the manna came falling down." He was that excited. I being the aunt and all had to fish out a quarter in the bottom of my purse (which I must clean out this weekend) just to let my little buddy have all the b-ball time he chose. He grabbed that ball like he was a pro or something. I swear little man is a natural basketball player! And could he be anything not with all the ball players in our family?
No comments:
Post a Comment