Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Book Review: "The Undomestic Goddess" By Sophia Kinsella


I first knew that I would love this book when my grandmother handed me her LARGE PRINT version and said, "Read this. You will LOOOOVE it!" Granny has NEVER steered me wrong in the book department.

I then fell in love with it for myself when in the opening paragraph the main character, Samantha is getting a massage while hiding her cell phone and blackberry in her clothes so she can get some work done during the massage.
Who would do that?

This book is funny and sweet. By the end of it, you will have fallen head over heals in love with Samantha. And you find yourself wanting to sit down and have a little heart to heart about her choices she is making because you only want the best for her. I will NOT give anything away-you will just have to read if for yourself to see what I am talking about.

This book is one reason why more Sophie Kinsella books are on my list to be read. She is fun, quirky and you get wrapped up in each of the characters in this book. At times a little self absorbed, which is fine, for now. I just a break from the serious books that I have been pouring myself into the last few months. Not that I haven't loved the serious ones but my brain is a little bit tired and telling me to chill out for a moment.
Let me know if you have read or will read "The Undomestic Goddess." I would love to hear your thoughts.

(This post is brought to you by the people who willingly print their books in large print so my Granny can continue her love for reading!)

5 comments:

Barb said...

She's a good author. I read Shopoholic ages ago.

This is so pretty, the way your posts are like an overlay on your background. Very, very nice.

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fun read. I am almost done with the book I just got from the library and will see if maybe this one is available. I have one week to squeeze in all my fun reading before going back to the textbooks. I'll let you know what I thought of it.

Karen said...

Thank you for stopping by my place! I agree, Mitford is a place you can revisit again and again. Your site is so pretty. Very unique. I have seen "The Undomestic Goddess". I liked your review -- will add it to my TBR list.

Kellie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. I know it's a silly chick lit book, but it really has left a deep impact on me. Oh, how I long to be someone who looks out the window... ;)

tara said...

I LOVE all of her books! She just came out with a new one called A Shopaholic has a baby. It is supposed to be hysterical.