
Katrina at Callapidder Days is at it again but this time instead of Fall Reading we are doing a little SPRING READING.
When you look at my list you are going to see some common themes this go round. This time I am all about the Chicks. Second most of them are light hearted-hopefully some what clean and will offer a good break from THE REAL WORLD!
All these books have been catching my eye while walking the book ailse at Target. I figured what better time to read than the springtime when I can sit and get a tan at the same time.
Feel free to click on the book titles below to read the summary of the books. I will check back after each one to give you my own take. I will also a family friendly rating for those of you who try to monitor what you read.
Saving Fish From Drying By Amy Tan
Confessions of a Shopaholic By Sophie Kinsella
Shopaholic & Sister By Sophie Kinsella
The Jane Austn Book Club By Karen Joy Fowler
The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants By Ann Brashares
Annie Freeman's Traveling Funeral By Kris Radish
Hope you all join in the fun! I can't wait to see what everyone else is reading out in the big ole world we affectionatley call BLOG LAND!
9 comments:
I read so much while I was pregnant with Jackson but have really slacked off (not so much for lack of time, just lack of motivation). I have read all but the newest Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books, and although they are somewhat teenish, I really loved them.
About your previous post, I am proud of you for walking! Cancer in general is so scary! It is always good to have days where we can celebrate those who won their fights and remember those who lost. I will be thinking about you on April 7th as well as all of the people you mentioned here.
Interested in your view on Sophie Kinsella...I'll be back!
I love your list! I keep eyeing up Confessions of a Shopaholic everytime I see it, you'll have to let me know how it is! I love Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants. Ooo, looking forward to your review on The Jane Austen Book Club too! Happy Reading! =)
Looks great! And, like you, I love how reading can provide a nice refreshing escape every now and then! Thanks for joining the the challenge. Enjoy your reading!
Your list looks wonderful! I love Amy Tan, I've read most of her books.
I absolutely adore Sophie Kinsella's books. After a while, I need a break from the self-absorption, but in general, they are very, very fun. Although, I have to say, my very favorite is The Undomestic Goddess. If you haven't read that one, read it! Have fun!!!
I'm in on this game! ~ kim
I enjoyed the Kinsella books- quite funny!
Y ak now, I said I was going to read Travelling Pants when it came out, and never have. Perhaps your review will rekindle my desire for that title.
Post a Comment