Friday, March 23, 2007

My Day So Far

Today I was scheduled for a "day of beauty" at my favorite nail salon complete with an eyebrow wax. I felt this was a sufficient way to start of my Friday as I head into a very, very busy weekend.

I arrive to the salon and get all seated in the "chair of terror" that will leave me in a bittersweet state of mind. Bitter being the part that my eyebrow hair was just ripped out in one fell swoop and the Sweet being that I will not have to pluck the blasted things. I am a woman that hates to pluck thy eyebrows. But we soon realize that the wax is not hot-the owners sister unplugged it the night before. I say, "No problem. I will come back in an hour." (One of the moments where I enter into a state of euphoria-knowing I am blessed to be able to come back in an hour, since my life is not that hectic...at least today it's not.)

So I drive out of the parking lot with hopes of returning a few not too flattering shirts to Old Navy. I had just put my water bottle between my legs and was unscrewing the top to get a big swig when the water came shooting out like Old Faithful. Who knew that I squeeze my legs when I am making a turn and trying to brake at the same time. So my pants are wet in a not too flattering location if you catch my drift. So I am heading back home instead because there is no way I would be caught dead with water spots strategically placed around my buttux area.

When I walk in the door, I take a moment to breath. I have an hour to spare after all. I decide that the best thing for me would be to get a little "Quiet Time" going. As I sit and pray my phone rings, it's Granny on the other line calling for her morning chat and the latest update on my great grandmother. My great grandmother went back in the hospital yesterday because her arm was swelling up to an unusual size. Weird, huh? Anyway, Granny says that she now has pneumonia in her left lung and will be in the hospital until Monday.

And here is where my day completely changes.

I called "The Salon of Beauty" and told Tee-nah (That is how she pronounces her name, slow and drawn out...TEE-NAH!) that I will need to come in tomorrow instead of today because my family needs me. I said it just like that. So I am off to go spend a few minutes with my sweet great grandmother today.

And I as I made this decision, I realize that I am blessed, truly blessed to be able to drop everything and be at my family's side-no matter what.

Thank you Lord for freeing up my day so I can serve my family!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Me, too. For years and years my days were not my own. I totally love being available at a moment's notice when anyone in my family needs me.

Tee-nah. LOL

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I just love your gratitude. That was my biggest frustration during a three year trial that we faced. Every moment was taken in dealing with it and I couldn't be there for anybody else! Enjoy your spa day when it comes - in God's timing. :0)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I am glad you made the decision and are their for family! I am sure Tee-nah will understand! LOL!

Susie said...

You ARE truly blessed and so is your family to have you there for them. I think you will appreciate your spa day even more when you get to go again.

Pearson Family said...

Keep us updated!