Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Kids At Metro on Sunday


Easter weekend was a BIG weekend for us! With driving to Paris and back on Saturday then teaching on Sunday, we were a little tired come Monday. In fact, I slept most of the day Monday and played catch up at work all day yesterday and will do the same today-once I quit procrastinating!

Easter Sunday is a big thing when you teach the Children's Church, we had special music and an egg hunt. So Jeff and I had to be one step in front of the kids at all times this week.

The Sunday School Class...


I was trying to take the kids picture without disturbing them because when I peeked through the window in the door they looked way too cute. But when I opened the door they stopped and stared, then started grabbing their stuff since they thought I was coming to pick them up.



Off to Children's Church...
My friend Henry just had carpal tunnel surgery on his wrist. His mom told me that he did not want the spider man cast but a rainbow cast. His is one of my favorites to teach. So sweet. He told me Sunday morning "Mrs Susie, I missed you and am glad you are here today!" Having come from a sad day the day before-he made me feel 100x better! Love him!
Getting little practice in before the big show.
This picture is for my friend Kim. Hudson wanted to "protect" his sister. Soon after this picture was taken-she stomps on his foot and gives him a small shove and says "Sing Hudson!" And the little boy to the right of the picture is Logan-another favorite-who danced his way through the song.

The Metro Kids, minus 4 who were conveniently absent.


Ian and Logan, my dancing duo


Grace and Henry. By the way, Grace has a HUGE crush on Mr. Jeff. I love it!


And little Avery who is super sweet-yet she is not big enough yet for Children's Church just joins us during the special songs for Easter and Christmas. I can't wait to teach her!


Jeff took some candid shots of the kids during the "Easter Story" Video. I had just taught them the lesson on Jesus' death and resurrection. I always teach the lesson and then spend the next 5 to 10 minutes reviewing what I just told them. I have come to realize they are little sponges and soak up every word you say. They made me smile when I asked, "What was the name of hill Jesus was crucified?" They said, "Golgotha and it means 'the skull." That's right! Great job!


The Easter video was the one by Hannah Barbara that I used to watch at that age. Another great way to get them to know the facts!


Grace


Andrew


Logan, Sarah, Henry and Hudson


Caleb

Easter Egg Hunt ...






So that wraps up our Sunday at Church. I will post the pictures from the Egg Hunt with Katelyn, Faith and Elijah but that requires a story and I have to get back to work now!





2 comments:

Kimmy said...

You and Jeff do a great job with those kiddos... mine are for sure blessed! Thank you for ALL you do for them... it was a great Easter at Metro! Love, Kim

Lori said...

Now I don't think it gets any more adorable than that!!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.