Now to spur her on in writing more posts about the kids here is a story of Faith from our wedding.
Faith was to be one of my flower girls at the wedding. She was very excited about doing this and at the time she and her family were living in Florida. They came in a few days early to help my mom and I get those final details in place. Faith, Missy and my mom and I spent the day decorating the church, Friday before the rehearsal dinner. She was so cute running around saying "Doesn't this look pretty, Aunt Sue-Sue?" And of course, I patted her head or gave her a big hug and told her I was so thankful to have her expertise. She was WONDERFUL! But then came the time to rehearse the big day. She was walking this big, planter in front of the chapel at our church and would not get down. She took her flowers and threw them down inside the planter and refused to come down. Needless to say she is a strong willed child. And then the BIG DAY arrived, she didn't want to walk down the aisle. So I told Gunnar and Missy to not sweat it-I had two back ups. I felt so sorry for them because they were horrified!
Here she is during the photo shoot upstairs at the church, Cousin Martha was saying, "Come on Faith. It is not as scary as it seems." She was the flower girl in Faith's parents wedding so she knew the ins and outs of how flower girls should be have.
Here is where Faith set during the wedding-she had a little dirt on her face from playing on the playground with Cousin Logan-thanks to him she actually decided to sit in the service.
Here she is after the wedding, where she came to me and said "She wuz sow, sow sorry!" I told her not to worry-she is still my favorite wedding decorator. Here are a few of her wedding decorations, so I can prove to you how great she did that day.+of+Decor-1.gif)

She draped all the tulle and made sure the pearls were perfectly set around the candle vases.
But another sweet part from that big day is the night before the wedding we sat and watched Cinderalla together or as she used to say, "Cinder-el-e!" She cuddled with me and then would run back and forth from my apartment to my mother's. She was way too cute!
3 comments:
Beautiful decorations and most of all beautiful bride and flower girl! :) Glad to hear your weekend was better and you are feeling the Peace surrounding you! I checked out the pics of little Kanyon and his B-ball today! He is so sweet!
It was really nice going through your post...and thanks for sharing the beautiful photos...the are amazing...well also visit my blog sometimes and check out some of the amazing stuff i've posted there!!!
Wow. How funny it was to read this post. I also have a Faith and she too recinded her offer to walk the aisle as the mini-bride in my friend's wedding at the VERY LAST MINUTE. Thankfully, my friend was gracious to put her feelings of fear first, just as you did.
By the way, you were a gorgeous bride.
Post a Comment