I am not often at a loss for words, yet tonight I find myself trying to figure out what to blog. I am emotionally drained from the last 2 weeks. I am physically drained from the last two weeks plus the marathon road trip this weekend. I am also physically drained from a very rowdy egg hunt/wrestling match with my two nieces tonight, it made me laugh-which felt good. I will post pictures some time soon.
Until then, I am going to crawl into bed with my favorite blanket and man and watch a few movies until I fall asleep soundly. Hubby will turn off the television, kiss my forehead with a husky, "Love you baby-sleep tight." While inwardly I drift off to a peaceful state. This is my favorite thing about Sunday nights, husband home from work but not going to sleep at the same time as me so he can tuck me in after I have fallen asleep watching a movie.
Thank you all for your prayers, I felt the Spirit on me this weekend as I held a wiggly Elijah at the graveside with one ear directed towards the kind words being said by Pastor Gunnar (my bro) It was a special time, a perfect ending to a very dear woman to me. Also Cousin L & A, your parents were there (hello Rick and Lynda) and I received the greatest hug from your mom. I am so blessed to have them attend and to have you guys "in the flesh" via your parents. I needed that hug-so a big thanks to you Lynda!
I love you all sweet friends and family and blog friends! You guys have been the best the last few weeks and for that I am very thankful.
5 comments:
Thinking of you and asking the Father's blessing upon you as you walk this difficult time in life. :)
I am so sorry to hear about all the sadness you have felt this weekend for your losses. You have paid such wonderful tributes to them through your words. May you find peace and comfort through our Lord, and hold tight to His truths and His love for you.
Susan,
Sorry it has taken so long for me to get this message on here. We have been out of town since Thursday and I am just now getting to check all the blogs since Wednesday. I am so sorry to hear about mom Bonner. I know she was very special to you and a lot of people. The nice thing is that you can rest knowing that she is in a better place and visiting with all her friends and loved ones.
Mom said that it was nice to see everyone. She said that the service was nice as well. I am glad that they were able to be there.
Please know that we have added your family to our prayer list. Hope this week is a better one and uneventful.
We love you all,
The Beck's
Precious Susan... how I wish I could be there to sit with you and pray over you... encouraging you, and hopefully strengthening you the way that I know you have been strengthening those around you these last few weeks! So since I can't be there in person, here we go...
Dear Father God, we come before you today knowing that you are here with us and knowing that you are still, and will always be, the Almighty God. It is so hard during times like these Father to feel you and know that your arms are wrapping so tightly around us, but I pray right now that you would do just that for my sister Susan. I pray that you would give her the peace that she needs at this moment to rest, truly rest in you! I know that you know her better than any other and know exactly what to speak to her heart right now, so I leave those words to you Father God. Please give her the stillness and quiet that she will need to hear you. Speak words of comfort, of love, and of peace over her now Father as she walks through these heart breaking days. And after the comfort and peace, speak words of hope to her Father, speak words of renewal and strength that she will continue in the joy that she always amazes us with! Bless her Father and thank you for blessing her with family, friends, church family, and a husband who have rallied around her, as she rallies around those she loves who are hurting! We praise you for knowing her needs and meeting them! Continue to heal the hearts hurting, including Susan's and give her the strength that she needs to continue to be used by you in comforting and strengthening those around her! Thank you Father again for reaching across the miles to answer this prayer! In your precious and victorious Son's we pray... AMEN!
praying for you. Rest, relax, renew right now. Blessings.
Post a Comment