Wednesday, April 25, 2007

To Which A Sign Will Need to Made Soon...


When Jeff and I first got married, I realized that a few rules needed to be put in place in order to keep order around our house.


You see, I like to have dinner fully clothed. I also like for all parties involved to be fully clothed as well. Call me old fashioned it's just the way it is when you come to eat at my house. I am looking into making a sign to hang in our kitchen that says, "No Shirt, No Pants, No Service!"


Because that is a standard in our house if you want to eat and sometimes I find myself repeating the above phrase often with Jeff a part of the household.


So tonight, Jeff came in from working out-his shirt was soaking wet and not to mention smelled very rank. I don't blame him for wanting to shed the shirt before he ate, it was that gross. But when he came to the table without another shirt I said, "Uh, no sir. Get a shirt please." Which he protested to and said something about him being the man of the house and if he didn't want to wear a shirt he didn't have to wear a shirt. I just stood in the kitchen, holding his plate of food and gave him the "don't mess with me buster" look. He quietly turned around and went to put on a shirt.


But maybe I should preface whose shirts he can wear because tonight he proudly put on one of my shirts for dinner! And folks the truth is I am half the size of Jeff!



A Gun Show and a view of the "Abs"

He asked me to help him get the shirt off but I couldn't resist snapping a picture first.

To which a sign will be made and my side will hurt from laughter tomorrow.

9 comments:

Pearson Family said...

i hope he didn't ruin the cousin shirt! We need to start talking about cousin Christmas!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Poor shirt! that boy is a mess!

Lynnie said...

Well at least he chose an appropriate shirt. Cagles rock!

Barb said...

Oh my word, I'm laughing my head off! Look at him, stuck in that shirt.

At the risk of offending the person who's holding my copy of Paula Deen's book in her hot little hands, I say, "Good for him!" Way to be the man of the house!

Hysterical and I would have grabbed the digital, too. :-)

Beck Boys said...

that is really too funny. I really like the shirt. As far as getting together I would love to. We will be in Texas the week of July 4th and then back again later in July and the first of August. I will let you know more when we nail down the dates.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh how funny! It would seem you are married to quite the prankster. At least you stood your ground. :) When my Dad was meeting my husband's parents for the first time, he thought it would be funny to wear my mom's ruffled silk shirt over there. I didn't find it NEARLY as amusing. And I was appalled that he actually went through with it!!

Kimmy said...

... oh my... I'm giggling... a side of Jeff I have not seen! ~ Kim

Kendra said...

I'm laughing . . .that one is too funny! Nothing like a big guy in not so big of a shirt!! he!

Rachel said...

Those pictures are great! I laughed out loud! Does he know you posted them? Is he still speaking to you?