
Today on your birthday, you hit a milestone. You are now eligible for the senior discount at IHOP. So in honor of this, you too will get your very own birthday breakfast at IHOP. I know this is what every mother dreams of so I would hate to disappoint.
Let's hope that I can do your tradition of writing birthday letters to each of us justice as I try to write a letter to you, for all the world to read as well.
You have had many bumps in your life. Good times and bad. You have had seasons of joy and seasons of sorrow but you have always kept going. Your positive outlook is an encouragement to all who cross your path. Your life is in a season of great transformation. You are allowing God to transform you from the inside out. And as your old bible study binder says, "Be patient with me God's not finished with me yet." So we watch with hopeful anticipation of the plans that God has already set in motion in your life. In the last year, you have switched jobs and through this change your world has been opened to many ministry opportunities. You are now mentoring other single mothers and it is this that I am the most proud. You, once again, are proving that God can use any circumstance for His glory. So I praise God that you are willing and open to God using your life to help others who are walking the path that you have come through and conquered.
I pray that you continue to grow in the Lord. I pray that God will show you His everlasting love for you. I pray that at this new age (the age that makes you eligible for the IHOP senior citizen discount) that you will see God in a different light. In a more loving, caring sort of way. I can already see Him showing you verses and enriching you as I read your blog today. What a blessing that verse was for you. God has a funny way of meeting us where we are at-doesn't He?
(phone ringing)
Okay so it seems you would like to go to Sonic for your birthday lunch so I will cut this short. Here's to you Mom and your birthday. Thank you for all that you have done for me in the past 29 years. Enjoy your day!
3 comments:
Thank you, my blue eyed Susan. You and your brother are my delights. God has blessed me BIG TIME through my children. He is faithful and true. Thanks for the Sonic moment today. And know that for me there is no greater blessing than knowing that my children walk with the Lord. For the record: what's the point of those squiggly words just so I can leave a post. That is too weird!
What a sweet tribute to your sweet mama! Happy Birthday Melinda! :) Thanks for sharing your daughter with me!
What a sweet tribute to an amazing woman, Susan. She probably thinks you could have left the part about qualifying for senior discounts out though. LOL
That photo is gorgeous. I sooo hope the photographer captures a moment like that between me and Mandy at her wedding next month.
And her comment about the wiggly words cracked me up. Assure her that we all ask ourselves that same question every single time we see those horrid letters.
Post a Comment