First off thank you everyone who left comments via the blog and email regarding how you viewed God. I am working through my thoughts and will post after Memorial Day. It has been quite some time since I have felt God speaking to me so clearly and I am very excited to share it with all of you. But I still need a few days to pray it out so tune in next week. Kay?
Since it is Friday and Memorial Day weekend I thought I would list a few of the summer plans that we or myself have planned this summer. It is already looking like it will be a very full, very relaxing summer.
1. Tennis lessons-Monday and Wednesday evenings. I have always wanted to learn how to play and I thought this would be a fun way for me to unwind and work off a few more pounds. It starts in two weeks and I just can't wait.
2. The Daniel Bible Study by Beth Moore- Last summer a group of ladies in the metroplex met at a friends house every Tuesday morning at 6:30 a.m to do "The Patriarchs" study. This year, we are doing it again but studying Daniel. It is early for the summer but the only time that my friends could meet since they all have kids out of school. I can't wait!
3. Beth Moore taping- My SIL, mother and cousin (I am already counting on you Paige even if you are still on the fence) will be going to Life Today's taping of Beth Moore next weekend. We are all looking forward to it!
4. Scrapbook weekend- a weekend designed for another group of ladies in the metroplex to get away and do what we do best. Laugh, eat country home cooking, shop the local Scrapbook store, Sonic drive thru's daily, massages, sleeping late, chick flicks and scrapbooking as little or as much as we like. I may even get a pedicure this time in town just for the fun of it!
5. Visits to Camp Deer Run- My sweet niece Hayley is heading to her first 2 week session and I am trying to figure out a way for me to be there both Wednesdays and the middle Sunday. And if I could sneak in to go out camping with her I would do so in a heartbeat. But I do have a care package in the works so that should be fun! Deer Run Chicks, don't you wish you were getting packed for 2 weeks of summer fun! ?!?!
6. Reading, Reading and more Reading! I am trying to break last summers record of 55 books. Thanks to many people in blog land who have suggested this book or that, I have enough to beat the record. So this means I will have to turn off the television, grab a cold drink and sit out on my patio to read.
7. Running, running and more running! I am loosely signed up to run a 1/2 marathon in December. I have yet to fully commit but either way I will be training for the big day. 13 miles y'all-13 miles! I can barely run 2 without stopping. But I can OPRAH power walk 4-5 so we will see. I swear I can't believe I am doing this.
8. Elvis in the Park-the Botanical Gardens do a summer series with the Fort Worth Symphony and this summer they are doing a night of Elvis music. Of course, Jeff and I could not pass that one up. We are going to double date with Sam and Mom so it should be a whole lot of fun. And did you know, that Sam once met Elvis? Yes, he spoke to him. Had a conversation with the man. Maybe I will get Sam to tell the story and get permission to write it here. Sam I know you are reading this now-whatcha think? Do you want to tell it for all of blogland??
9. Float the River- Jeff's favorite summer activity. He wants to do this for his birthday and invite a bunch of friends and family to join us. It should be interesting. And let me tell you, this is a labor of love because I hate floating the river. I just don't like to sit still that's all.
10. Jeff's birthday- we found a new restaurant in town to host the big shin-dig so we are going to rent out a room and have a blast. (Family and Friends-details coming soon!)
11. Galveston for a few days with our friends, who will rename nameless. to protect them from blog land predators. (Inside joke between us and these friends. I could tell you but then I would have to kill ya!)
12. NRH2O- I am still trying to decide whether or not to get a season's pass or just pay my way each time. My friend (who would like to rename nameless) wants me to get one so she can have adult conversation at the park. I say, "why not!" Jeff hates this place but I love it! Because let's face it, I am the original poster child for Toys-R-Us since "I don't want to grow up!"
13. And somewhere in the middle of all that we plan to start looking for a house. I am a little timid to put that in the "to-do list" because let's face it we move slower than the turtle crossing the road. But as long as it doesn't bother Jeff or myself than it shouldn't bother you. We like to take our time and we are content in the waiting process.
One reason I am content is because I am a stones throw away from my favorite nail salon. TEE-NAH (Tina to the Americans out there) is my happy place. I called her today and asked if she can fit me in. She said, "For you SUH-SHAN-I fit you in at two! Will that be lovely?" Oh yes, TEE-NAH that will be LOVELY!
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay CUZ, count me in. While on the phone with hubby, I clicked onto your blog and saw my name right there. I told him it was a sign. Please send details!
Post a Comment