Monday, May 28, 2007

A Happy Memorial Day

Today Faith told Lynnie that Memorial Day started back at the Civil War and started to list all the many other wars in our country before she wrapped it up. I think my mom may of mentally checked out after she realized she was going to be sitting through a complete list of wars fought in America. I guess she didn't realize what a loaded question "Do you know what Memorial Day means Faith?" would end up being.

As we were waiting to be seated at IHOP, Faith says, "I am happy and hungry!"

To which I replied, "Happy AND Hungry?!? I am not happy when I am hungry, I am usually NOT happy when I am hungry."

She just smiled and said, "Well today I am both!"

I had to give her a big hug and tell her to keep that outlook always because one day her husband will thank her.

Now MY HUSBAND on the other hand, requires that I keep snacks in the car in case I get hungry between meals; because one thing he has learned and been told by numerous family members is that when I say I am hungry, he better take the nearest exit or the crazy lady comes out of her cage! There is another word that can be inserted for CRAZY but we are a family friendly blog folks.

I will be back tomorrow with a few funny tales so stayed tuned for more!

No comments: