Thursday, May 31, 2007

Celebrating Faith's Birthday!

On Memorial Day I took the Birthday Girl(s) to the local IHOP for some good eats. As you may already know, breakfast with Aunt Sue-Sue is a tradition. In fact, I asked Uncle Jeff if he would like to join us this year since he is off work, he said "No thanks that is your tradition!" I think he liked the idea of having the place to himself for a few hours.


Lynnie was invited to come along this year because she was able to order off the Senior Citizen menu and I am not one to pass up a discount. Do you think I am crazy to pass that up!?!?
Here is my mom holding the menu out just far enough so she can read the print. I think the Senior Menu should not only be discounted but in LARGE PRINT too. Do you want to hear a funny story? Good b/c I am going to tell you one. My mom says to the waiter, "I would like to order an omelet off the senior menu please?" To which the waiter replies, "I'm sorry you have to be 55 to order off that menu." Mom says, "I am! My birthday was yesterday. Would you like to see my ID?" The waiter says, "Normally we have to check ID but since you say you JUST turned 55 I will let it pass." Oh we had a good laugh the rest of the day. My mama got carded!
A somewhat real smile from Faith and her smiley face pancakes. A tradition of course!
We decided that on the way we would drive through the Wal-Mart parking lot to see Faith's reaction. Remember she said she is NOT A WAL-MART GIRL!
Here is her face, which I think says it all!

While in Target we looked down every aisle. She wanted to make sure she got a bang for her buck. I have always given each of the girls the same amount. They know that they can not go over and trust me Faith tried to get me to go over but I held firm. I just believe it is important to teach them to budget. And I know she is getting the same teachings at home since her Daddy helps people get out of debt for a living. We went down EVERY AISLE, just in case there was something better that she would want. She say a big blue cooler which was in her budget and she said that is what she wanted so she could carry cold drinks in the car during the summer. I said, "I don't think so my friend. Your parents do not allow drinks in the car." So we moved on to another aisle. How about some swim stuff? She decided against this because she would have to share with a certain little sister.

A Care Bear? Now I know she is just being funny! How about some Princess stuff? I was thinking to myself, "Like you are not Princess enough!" Can you tell by the picture below that this girl is fit to be a queen!?!?



We ended up buying a travel art set that she could take with her on her road trip to San Antonino in a few weeks. I made her buy drawing pencils so that the crayons would not melt in the car. I really did not want to be in trouble by her parents! She thought I would let her get a bead making set for her birthday. To which I replied, "You have got to be kidding me! I know how you are with stuff like this and it would end up EVERYWHERE! And your mom would kill me since you guys are trying to sell your house."





She replies, "I don't really think she would KILL YOU!"





To which I shot back, "Well she sure would pay me back one day when you have a little cousin and trust me picking up those small pieces 24-7 would be the death of me!"

Here is a picture of Aunt Sue-Sue and Faith, I think we shopped till we dropped!


Oh and one last thing...Faith's Favorites at the Age of 8

Season: Summer

Why? Because she can swim all she wants

Movie: Shrek 3 (that figures, since it came out two weekends ago)

Show: Suite Life of Zach and Cody (Uncle Jeff says this show will be the death of HIM)

Friend: Madi

Subject: Math (she is NOT my NIECE! Sounds more like Jodi's than mine!)

5 comments:

Kendra said...

You are such a great "super Aunt" - you remind me of my sister, except she's not always so considerate of what the parents would want! ha! That's ok - she's having a baby in late August, so I can not only pay her back for all the times she has taken care of the boys, but I can introduce her to candy at the age of 6 months as well. he!

Jodi said...

Good times! Made me really jealous actually! :) Tell that girl this math nerd will claim her ANY DAY! :)

Susie said...

This was such a cute post. What a fun Aunt you are! Your mom looks very young-definitely not 55.

Lynnie said...

Thank you for our fun IHOP experience. We are making memories and drawing those roots deeper and deeper into a foundation that cannot be shaken. Thank you for blessing Faith and your proudly "old" mom. Look out world, I have come "of age." I wonder if we are ready for all the great things my Faith-filled crowning glory is bringing into our world. She makes my heart sing!

Kimmy said...

again... you're such a fun aunt. Good to read and catch up on your life... since we've been out of town.

Your mom really does not look 55 - must be good genes... ~ kim