Monday, May 14, 2007

I Am Playing House This Week

Gunnar and Missy have gone out of town for a few days and left Lynnie and I in charge. Actually, they trust me enough to keep the kids by myself Tuesday and Wednesday. So I have a request for all the locals, "Please keep the local lines to the hospital and ER free just in case I need to make a quick visit." There. That should make my brother and sister-in-law a little jittery if they read this while away.


Now when I arrived I was given a strict schedule for Faith. It was not by the parents mind you but hand written by Faith.




Here is how she would like for the next two days to unfold, titled
"Faith's Things in the Morning"

(grammatical errors and spelling are left in original content)




7:00 Wake Up Faith

7:00-7:30 Serverve breakfeast


7:30-7:40 Let Faith brush teeth


7:40-7;50 Get some clothes for her


7:50-8:00 Tell her to make bed and have every thing together




Sounds pretty easy don't you think?

Tomorrow morning is my first day to get her ready-this morning was Lynnie's turn. I will keep you posted.


Tonight though, she made me take a math test. (Jodi, don't laugh when I tell you this) I thought 2nd grade math was easy, well I guess I didn't so well at 2nd grade math...I missed one. Do you want to know which one it was... 19 minus 8. Most people would put 11, I am not most people. I entered 8. Don't ask where I pulled that number and Jodi, quit laugh, you big MATH NERD!



It is hard to believe that Faith is about to turn 8 years old. EIGHT YEARS OLD!!! She is not baby Faith anymore! She asked me tonight when we would go shopping for her birthday. I said, "We will go on your birthday or the weekend before."


She then asked, "Do we have to go to Wal-Mart?" (katy her sister chose Wal-Mart on her b-day) To which I replied, "No we don't have to go to Wal-Mart." Then she says, "Good, I am more of a Target girl myself." Who can pass on that logic, Target it is!


Just a sweet moment of Elijah-is it just me or is someone getting sleepy?

And here is proof that basketball starts early in our family.



The middle row on the left was a shot in process, sadly I didn't get the picture of him getting nothing but net, I did get a picture of the ball after it fell proudly on the floor.



I made the mistake of showing him the picture on the camera-so the basketball playing was over and the picture viewing began. He was so cute cocking his head to the side to see the picture on the little screen on my camera. He kept saying, "Me." It was so cute. I will see if I can get the video camera to work because I know Gunnar and Missy will want to see it.

But here is two sleeping babies...





And yes, Katelyn is not pictured because Miss Priss is spending the next couple of days with her best friend, Ariel. She came home though tonight to pick up Emma the Bear, clothes for Emma, her My Little Pony house and two princess dresses. Hopefully this will keep the girls entertained the next couple of days.
So with that, I am leaving you to yourself. I need to get some sleep because I have to keep up with the basketball player tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

...that's too awesome... again you're such a great aunt! ~ Kim

Girl Raised in the South said...

"Do we have to go to Walmart?" I can completely relate, who ever wants to go there, but Target - that's an entirely different matter! Even at 8 she knows this.

Barb said...

Cute! My comment is right under my sister's. :-)

Her list is too cute. And she's pretty smart to already know there's no comparison between Walmart and Target.

My book arrived yesterday. Thank you so much for taking it to be signed by Paula and how sweet of you to include your ticket and the program. Just tickles me pink!

Jodi said...

What fun times! I get to play house and keep Adley and Corbin next month for a couple of days... can't wait! You are a sweet Aunt!

And, GIRL, brush up on those math skillz!! :)