Sunday, June 03, 2007

When God Speaks to My Heart

I recently asked your opinion on how you view God. I knew that most people would say, "I believe Him to be loving compassionate" because that is often the standard answer people give. (Stay with me please, I do not mean that to be a critical statement.) But then there were some who said that sometimes they see God as hurtful, distant and uncaring. I believe that most people at some point in their life have felt God to be the later-whether you admit it or not. Yet I pray that most people will journey to the place where they are able to see God as the loving and compassionate God He is as they begin to trust Him completely. I may share a journal entry I wrote during this time but for now I am enjoying keeping it between me and God. If He says post I will post. Promise.

I just finished the book "Captivating" By John and Stasi Eldredge. I believe this to be one of the most gut wrenching, honest, completely grabbed me from start to finish kind of book. If you are a woman read it. Especially if you are a woman who has had someone hurt you in your past or live with any regrets from your past. It will transform you and if you allow it to dig deep-it will heal you. A blessing this book was to me and I pray to you as well. God spoke to me while reading this book. (Laura, if you want me to send to you just say the word-if you haven't read it yet! Since you are out of the country and all it is the least I can do!)

I also just spent a weekend with Beth Moore. Not really with Beth Moore but under the same roof as she poured out the word to many of us for the taping of Life Today. (These shows will air at the end of October beginning of November-hopefully they will not air the time I had to scratch my head) I also spent great quality time with my mom, Missy and Cousin Paige-waiting to be seated for the taping sessions. All weekend long, I knew God was telling me to hold on He had a word for me. And do you want to know the funny thing about this? God spoke to me! I mean spoke to me. The day before the taping, I had one of those days. Jeff and I were at each others throats-he annoyed me, I annoyed him. It was one of those marriage things that pop up from time to time and leave you thinking "Where did I find this man?" But then after you have said your apologizes you say, "I love this man!" Marriage is a roller coaster y'all!

Anyways you already know God has been leading me through a series on the "Power of Your Words." You may also know that God has been teaching me to be joyful in my circumstances today-not waiting on having joy until this or that happens in my life. And do you know that the theme of the lessons today were on "Joy in the Present" and "The Power of Your Words." And I have the proof, PROOF that these were just for me because my journal is full of these two themes! To say I have been begging God to help me with these two areas would be the understatement of the year.

So I start this week knowing fully that God orchestrated this weekend to show me what I had been asking Him to show me. I also know that He is calling me to write devotionals again. Some of you are readers of THE BLOG because you allowed me to fill your inbox with my daily devos for two years. I started this blog to get the devotionals in one central place and out of the inbox. But somewhere along the way, I found old friends and decided to use THE BLOG as away to keep everyone in the know. I am sure Jeff would LOVE for me to go back to writing devotionals so that his silly mug stays off the world wide web.

Please hang with me as I start getting this blog back to it's roots. I will keep you posted when I figure out what this will be. All I know is that God spoke to me and said, "Get it done my friend!" So I guess I will get it done whatever done is!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I am excited about your new adventure, may God lead you and teach you. Blessings.

Pearson Family said...

Isn't it amazing how God used 1 woman to speak directly to so many people this weekend. I mean I thought NO ONE else would feel like I had~GOd used her to wake me up, get my attention for the good. It is amazing how the Spirit does that. I can't thank you enough for asking me to go. I can't stop talking about the weekend. I am sad we have to wait all the way until October to let our people hear the words we heard! STINK! I guess I NEED YOUR NOTES so that my little one phrases I wrote down will make sense. Love you CRAZY cousin!

by the way...my friend Jami's family is from Arkansas so at the shower I asking them if they knew Beth was from Arkadelphia. I just received a call that Jami's uncle(who is from Arkadelphia) DATED Beth Green in high school, now possibly known as Beth Moore! Crazy.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Just getting caught up on some of your posts. You have been a very busy girl. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I LOVE when God makes things so clear like that! BTW, I just want to say what lucky neices and nephews you have. You are such a fun, involved aunt! They WILL remember that.

Kendra said...

Well, I look forward to the new things the Lord will do through you, my friend! Fun adventure to go through with you. I have to confess, I'm jealous of your weekend . . my how I could use me some Beth Moore insight straight from the throneroom on the walk I'm on right now! I was going through her web site just last night desiring to get involved in a study again. Thanks for sharing -
kendra

laura said...

Send it my way my friend if you have the time and means... I would so love that! A new book (and this one sounds particularly good) is like gold on the mission field! Thanks for thinking of me! It made me feel really taken care of to see those words written just to me :) Sure can't wait to be back in the states this fall and get to talk face to face after so many years! God bless you sister!